JBL 240Ti Speaker repair

cnboss

cnboss

Audiophyte
Ladies and Gentlemen, Long ago I was stationed on Okinawa Japan ( '81 - '84, Kadena AB ) and like many other airmen, GI's and marines, took advantage of the severely reduced prices, and delved into hi-fidelity sound.
Unfortunately, my sons were finger happy toddlers and eventually damaged the cones, but the speakers continued to function "well". After I retired from the Air Force in 1999, the covers were damaged beyond repair, and the speakers stayed in storage until recently. Now the surrounds on the 12" bass speakers are wasted away.
I live Sellersburg, IN. just outside Louisville, Ky. Can anyone recommend a trusted repair shop within 50 miles? If not local, is there a reliable shop I can ship them to for repair?
I sincerely thank you for your help.
CNboss JBL 240Ti speakers.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Ladies and Gentlemen, Long ago I was stationed on Okinawa Japan ( '81 - '84, Kadena AB ) and like many other airmen, GI's and marines, took advantage of the severely reduced prices, and delved into hi-fidelity sound.
Unfortunately, my sons were finger happy toddlers and eventually damaged the cones, but the speakers continued to function "well". After I retired from the Air Force in 1999, the covers were damaged beyond repair, and the speakers stayed in storage until recently. Now the surrounds on the 12" bass speakers are wasted away.
I live Sellersburg, IN. just outside Louisville, Ky. Can anyone recommend a trusted repair shop within 50 miles? If not local, is there a reliable shop I can ship them to for repair?
I sincerely thank you for your help. View attachment 49104
Those have titanium tweeters in them I’ve seen them on eBay not to bad cost wise . Now the rubber surrounds you can find on a lot of diy sites to do yourself but I’d send them out these were probably foam too instead of rubber. I’d google it and Iam sure you’ll find somebody that does this . The grills if you have the frame still it’s easy to recover the cloth from various sources too . Myself I’d send the drivers out to be done. The domes on the tweeters not sure you can fix that .

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Samurai
The only reputable repair shops I know of are not local to you, but both Simply Speakers (Florida) and Midwest Speaker Repair (Minnesota) can fix those woofers for you. The tweets should be scroungable on the google, as mentioned.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The only reputable repair shops I know of are not local to you, but both Simply Speakers (Florida) and Midwest Speaker Repair (Minnesota) can fix those woofers for you. The tweets should be scroungable on the google, as mentioned.
Midwest speaker repair would be my first choice they’ll make sure there in spec too .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis