Adding an external tweeter?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I agree! I'd love to check out that system(s). If I ever plan to be in the area I'll be pinging doc's inbox for sure. :p
I think he's only a state away from me. Come here first and we'll take a road trip to Doc's! lol

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Another bonus for me with the Marantz over the Yam is that I can use the front pre-amp outs as a tape monitor to record LP's to mp3. The Yamaha's pre-outs were not active unless I suppose you select external amp in the settings. With the SR-5014, they are active. The zone 2 outs, which I tries first, were not as far as I could tell. I have a Sangean digital recorder. It does not plug into a computer (USB or otherwise), but records onto an SD card. Just as good for my purposes as it does do a nice job and it is easy. Except it only goes up to 196 kbps. Fine, but if I had my druthers, I'd go higher. I just recorded Aqualung this afternoon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A variable output for capturing your analog signal can be nice for recording, but 196kbps? How about 192kbps which would be more like it as a multiple of 48. I thought almost all avrs had live pre-outs though. Definitely are with Denon/Marantz stuff, as well as with my Onkyo. I've used an ART Phono Plus to convert vinyl to higher res digital but the process is just sort of a pain and don't really need to do it so I stopped :) Seems it would be easier to get a higher res stream of the digital version and less time consuming....

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Oh yeah. Sorry. Ha. I meant 192. This Sangean recorder is nice for my purpose. It is actually designed to record land line conference calls, but it has a stereo line input option.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis