Audioquest Speaker Cable Type 4

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Perfect. Now I can invest in an all new setup! I'll ditch the AQ cables in the garbage and purchase all new Synergistic Research cables and whatever else they sell. I think I'll get a pair of Focal Utopia III Evo's. Get a couple McIntosh 2.1k mono amps and use the Trinnov 32 for the processor. It's going to be an awesome setup!!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... but I assure it's gorgeous.
What is gorgeous, Arizona, the Bay, the hills? ;) :D
No pictures? Can you take some then or there are issues with the dimensional stability of things there?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No pictures? Can you take some then or there are issues with the dimensional stability of things there?
Here ya go. The ocean is, um... right on the other side of those cacti...

7605_copy_960x720.jpeg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's the problem. You don't come on the right day. The bay just...isn't there.

You can sort of see it right over the hills in @Pogre picture. Or can you???

highfigh

highfigh

More evidence that expensive high end speaker cable is not worth it. I bought Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable which cost $250 and the silver banana plugs are faded just after 2 1/2 years. It was my mistake in buying them. Never Again!
Silver tarnishes. Get used to it. Wipe the plugs with TarNex and move on.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's the problem. You don't come on the right day. The bay just...isn't there.

You can sort of see it right over the hills in @Pogre picture. Or can you???
You're from Texas. You're prolly familiar with these Cholla cactuses, right?

7602_copy_960x720.jpeg

I would NOT have a bunch of those in my front yard! Have you ever been poked by one of those? I have. They are very literally like porcupine quills with barbed tips that anchor into your skin. I bumped into one and whole chunks broke off (hence the nickname "jumping cactus") and stuck to me. Needed pliers to pull them out! I think they're even tipped with some fun chemicals that sting too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You're from Texas. You're prolly familiar with these Cholla cactuses, right?

View attachment 48523

I would NOT have a bunch of those in my front yard! Have you ever been poked by one of those? I have. They are very literally like porcupine quills with barbed tips that anchor into your skin. I bumped into one and whole chunks broke off (hence the nickname "jumping cactus") and stuck to me. Needed pliers to pull them out! I think they're even tipped with some fun chemicals that sting too.
Yeah, we have those far west, but mostly here it's prickly pear. That stuff grows EVERYWHERE if it's not kept in check.

My most hated desert plant is mesquite bushes. Those things suck. Look at those thorns. We used to fish golf balls out of those things. We always came home with more than we left with. Nobody wants to look through that.

highfigh

highfigh

Yeah, we have those far west, but mostly here it's prickly pear. That stuff grows EVERYWHERE if it's not kept in check.

My most hated desert plant is mesquite bushes. Those things suck. Look at those thorns. We used to fish golf balls out of those things. We always came home with more than we left with. Nobody wants to look through that.

Nature's way of saying "Go ahead- give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?".

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Sure, eventually.

As Steven Wright said, "Everywhere is within walking distance, if you have the time".
I love his style. So deadpan.

My grandfather always said Midland, TX was the perfect fishing town. You can get to water 300 miles in any direction.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

We cut one of those down in my buddy's back yard. Kinda half joking we decided to see how strong those thorns are by driving one into a 2x4. I didn't think it'd work, but it was actually pretty easy. Those mesquite trees can rip you up pretty good, but I think Chollas are even worse.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis