Adding an external tweeter?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It sounds good now! Dialog seems to be where I need it. Went from -6.5 to -2.5.
Pogre, do you think the speakers are "bunched together"? I do not. You are looking at two systems with the HT mains being the widest.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought that's why you're squishman, got those speakers all squished together.... :)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
btw, those Minimus 77's are really quite incredible. I built them from a kit 12 years ago and in the past, before I discovered Klipsch, they were my mains. With a sub, they are beyond great. Now though, for music, I use the Kenwood stereo amp exclusively. The Forte II's have 15" passive radiators and put out really good bass.

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
You gotta work with what ya got, no worries. Me, I do like 'em spread out more....
But heck. C'mon. Consider that my living room is pretty limited. It will not even accommodate a couch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But heck. C'mon. Consider that my living room is pretty limited. It will not even accommodate a couch.
That's what I meant....my living room is a bit larger....my couch is wider than your front wall I think, yep pretty sure. :) I think you're doing fine with what you've got to work with....curious, any carpeting in there?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
btw, those Minimus 77's are really quite incredible. I built them from a kit 12 years ago and in the past, before I discovered Klipsch, they were my mains. With a sub, they are beyond great. Now, though, for music, I use the Kenwood stereo amp exclusively. The Forte II's have 15" passive radiators and put out really good bass.
Not questioning the quality of your speakers, just having so many clustered together like that. Looks like potential for lobing and cancellation.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Remove 4 speakers and what would I have? I guess two stereos. ha.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Pogre, do you even understand that the Klipsch Forte II's are not part of the HT?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
That's what I meant....my living room is a bit larger....my couch is wider than your front wall I think, yep pretty sure. :) I think you're doing fine with what you've got to work with....curious, any carpeting in there?
Carpeting, nope.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre, do you even understand that the Klipsch Forte II's are not part of the HT?
I still don't understand why you have 7 speakers up front. I guess I'm wondering why you would have 2 different systems sharing the exact same space? Why not use the Fortes for both ht and music and just have the 3 up front? That center speaker is the matching center channel for the Fortes, right? It doesn't make sense to run different speakers when you have the matching ones. Why get the matching center for your Fortes, then never use it with the Fortes? You're using a surround mode, but you're not really set up for surround. What's up with the extra extra left/right pair right beside the Fortes?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I still don't understand why you have 7 speakers up front. I guess I'm wondering why you would have 2 different systems sharing the exact same space? Why not use the Fortes for both ht and music and just have the 3 up front? That center speaker is the matching center channel for the Fortes, right? It doesn't make sense to run different speakers when you have the matching ones. Why get the matching center for your Fortes, then never use it with the Fortes? You're using a surround mode, but you're not really set up for surround. What's up with the extra extra left/right pair right beside the Fortes?
What are you talking about? Not set up for surround, but it is a 5.1.2 system? It is this way because I play tons of albums and some CD's and the Kenwood sounds so much better with the Forte II's than the Yam AVR. The Yam in 2 channel puts out no bottom to the Klipsches. I needed the sub. It sounded good. But the Kenwood makes them sound unreal, with enough bass that I don't need a sub. Yeah, the center is the perfect match for the Forte's, but why are you soooo concerned? I don't get it. I have two really quite terrific systems here in a limited space. I got one well deserved pat on the back though. So I got that going for me.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I did have the Forte's hooked up to the AVR, but I needed the sub too. The restored, vintage Kenwood makes 2 channel music way better than the AVR ever could. Am I supposed to put the Kenwood in the closet and deal with lesser sound for tunage then? Thx for the encouragement brother.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What are you talking about? Not set up for surround, but it is a 5.1.2 system?
You act like I'm personally attacking you! I haven't said one thing about the quality of your system or how it sounds! I'm just trying to figure out what the hell you have going on there. I just never see a bunch of speakers all set up front like that and am a little confused. That's all. Do you have surround speakers beside or behind you? That's what I meant by "not set up for surround". You didn't mention if you had another pair behind you. How are the top ones assigned in your avr? Top surround or front wide?
I did have the Forte's hooked up to the AVR, but I needed the sub too. The restored, vintage Kenwood makes 2 channel music way better than the AVR ever could. Am I supposed to put the Kenwood in the closet and deal with lesser sound for tunage then? Thx for the encouragement brother.
Ahh... that explains a little bit. Tho I suspect bias there. Unless there's something wrong with one of those units I'd bet a paycheck you wouldn't be able to pick 'em apart in a proper dbt. Not many folks go that far because it's very difficult to set up correctly. Here's an interesting one. Note all of the pains they go through to eliminate bias. It's one of the few that I've seen go through those lengths.

That said, do you have preouts on your avr? If so you can still use the the Kenwood for both.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I mentioned my surrounds if you ever read what people say. Suped up Minimus 7's as are my front presence. It is a 5.1.2 system for the 10th time brother. Those HT mains (the Minimus 77's) are not so close together or too near the center speaker.
And, yes I could tell the diff. The AVR with 2 channel needed a subwoofer. The Kenwood does not. You probably say it's in the settings. Nope. The AVR is not that awesome for 2 channel sound. It sounded good. But the Kenwood is great, even beyond great.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Oh, I have pre-outs on my AVR.... I better change it up again... NOT!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis