Better Center Channel Speaker advice

M

Maui95

Audiophyte
Hi, kinda new here and looking for advice on an upgrade from the Def Tech C/L/R 3000 center channel speaker. I don’t need to have a powered sub in it and would like something that isn’t as hard to locate under the TV. Look around a lot, but I don’t know all the tech stuff about the home theater stuff and looking for advice for something as good or better. Even better if I could set my new 75” Q90 Samsung on top or have it fit under it if I got a stand to mount it in. So many and since I don’t know specs, thought I’d reach out to some of you experts! Martin Logan, Bowers and Wilkins, Paradigm, Klipsch…
Thanks!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
In general you want to match the center with your mains. So what are you running for your front left and right?

M

Maui95

Audiophyte
In general you want to match the center with your mains. So what are you running for your front left and right?
I am running Def Tech BP7001SC towers for my front left and right. But I’d like to change those out to in the nearer future. So looking for a center first and then those will follow when I get the cash later on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What does "that isn’t as hard to locate under the TV" translate to? That means you're locating the "sub" in the speaker too easily or the speaker itself? Or you mean the size of the speaker is difficult in your setup is the difficulty and if so what dimensions are you looking for?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
What are you looking to spend? How much space is available for placing the speaker? When you say "get a stand to mount it in" are you talking about mounting the TV or the speaker? It's not a good idea at all to put a speaker in a cubby of an entertainment unit.

In all honesty, I'd say get a wall mount for the TV so everything fits and then when you've got a budget to replace the entire front 3 come tell us what that budget is and what you're looking for the new speakers to do.

Edit: If you're dead set on just getting a new center right now, no matter what, I'd say out of the 4 brands you listed in the original post I'd be most inclined to go with the Paradigm premier 600C center channel.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I have auditioned the Paradigm Premiere 500c, 600c, and the Founders edition 70LCR. The 600c is a solid choice but the Founders edition is far superior to either. If space constraint is an issue 3 of the 70LCR would be spectacular for your left right and center. Pair with a pair of the 40b and you would have a very good 5.0 system and two pair of the 40b a 7.0 system. I own a pair of the 40b and use them with a SVS SB3000 subwoofer. On my main 7.1 system the speakers are the following

center = Prestige 45c
Left/right = Premier 800f (pair)
Surround = Mini Monitor v5 (pair)
Rear surround = Prestige 25s (pair)
Subwoofer = Defiance X12
I have heard demonstrations of other speakers but Paradigm for quality vs. cost I find hard to beat.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis