Are there any speakers with higher sensitivity than these from DIYSG?

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I was wondering if there are any home theater speakers that have a higher sensitivity than the 1099's from DIYSG? The 1099's have 99db sensitivity. Except something with bigger than a dual 10" woofer like the 1099's. Here are the speakers I mean:

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Reminds me think Amir at Audiosciencereview mentioned he has one of those (1099s) to measure...or maybe that was Erin, I know he just did another DIYSG speaker....might want to go look for confirming measurements :)

I can think of some fancy horn speakers and theater type speakers, AvantGarde for fancy horns in the upper 100s, think some of the JBL theater stuff is around upper 90s thru the 100s. Could be other diy designs out there rather than kits, too, haven't searched around for a long while.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I have the 1099's and I have played them super loud with no distortion and no midrange or tweeter popping at all. Its hilarious. I went to a high end home theater store and they had the Focal Grande Utopia EM EVO speakers that cost $120,000 with 2 Moon amps that are $80,000 each and 2 $10,000 runs of speaker cable. I told him to crank it with a song I have played crazy loud and they turned it up not even close to what my 1099's can do and the midrange popped and he had to turn it down. The 1099's sound amazing in the mens vocal range for movies and also explosions.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think they're aiming the Focal sales at you, tho. From all I've heard the 1099s are great....had them in the cart a coupla times tho :) Loud isn't everything, or at least not as much as it is to you, LOL. You're extreme IIRC :)

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Well movies is where they shine. My girl said "you finally did it"! After we watched a movie on the new 1099's. But Nine Inch Nails "Into The Void" sounded better than the Focals but I have 4 12" subwoofers and 1 18" TC Sounds LMS-R Ultra 5400 subwoofer. The 18" amp has its own socket and circuit breaker. The amp is a Crown XLS2500. 2500 watts RMS.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I was wondering if there are any home theater speakers that have a higher sensitivity than the 1099's from DIYSG? The 1099's have 99db sensitivity. Except something with bigger than a dual 10" woofer like the 1099's. Here are the speakers I mean:

How loud do you listen I’d turn the volume down before you got tinnitus like me . Those speakers are supposed to be beasts , psa , tekdon, jtr...
I could play Klipch icon loud enough to go deaf but that causes ear pain so focus on sound quality over volume .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis