psb synchrony one b

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
i figured i would make a new thread so as not to bog down the great found deals thread.they finally arrived today after being lost somewhere for a few days delaying their delivery.for the bad news one of the speakers suffered some shipping damage in the form of a large dent in the wood top in the front.there was a corresponding rip through the shipping box where the damage occurred.i contacted the seller about it but haven't heard back from him yet.i am not sure if usps will take any responsibility for this or not but it did arrive in a different condition than it left.on to the good news these things are incredible.i will post more in the days ahead along with some photos.i want to get more time listening with a broader range of material first.suffice it to say so far i am enjoying these very much.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
i figured i would make a new thread so as not to bog down the great found deals thread.they finally arrived today after being lost somewhere for a few days delaying their delivery.for the bad news one of the speakers suffered some shipping damage in the form of a large dent in the wood top in the front.there was a corresponding rip through the shipping box where the damage occurred.i contacted the seller about it but haven't heard back from him yet.i am not sure if usps will take any responsibility for this or not but it did arrive in a different condition than it left.on to the good news these things are incredible.i will post more in the days ahead along with some photos.i want to get more time listening with a broader range of material first.suffice it to say so far i am enjoying these very much.
That's a bad break .. Reason # 234 why i don't like buying used that needs to be shipped...i hope it works out...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bummer about the poor packing that permitted the damage (altho sometimes even with better packing the package services like UPS or Fedex can do amazing damage, let alone others in the logistics chain :) ).

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
Bummer about the poor packing that permitted the damage (altho sometimes even with better packing the package services like UPS or Fedex can do amazing damage, let alone others in the logistics chain :) ).
the packing could have definitely been better but it should have been adequate.i doubt it would have helped much in this case.something really tore into it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
the packing could have definitely been better but it should have been adequate.i doubt it would have helped much in this case.something really tore into it.
Well, having spent my career in the logistics biz I'd still call that inadequate, as that's what you pack for, the unusual/bad handling practices of the carriers....best protection against having to file claims at least :)

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
If you purchased from a private party with no insurance, then no hope. Sold as is. @rdkusher just to ask, did you take pictures upon arrival for condition of box and the of the speaker? Sorry if not able to file valid, "Claim". Nice that you do like the speakers and salvageable.

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
Well, having spent my career in the logistics biz I'd still call that inadequate, as that's what you pack for, the unusual/bad handling practices of the carriers....best protection against having to file claims at least :)
you are definitely correct.if i don't have factory packing i overpack anything of value.it costs more and eats into your profits but in the end that is much cheaper than having to deal with a damage claim.

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
If you purchased from a private party with no insurance, then no hope. Sold as is. @rdkusher just to ask, did you take pictures upon arrival for condition of box and the of the speaker? Sorry if not able to file valid, "Claim". Nice that you do like the speakers and salvageable.
i took pictures of the damaged speaker and the box and sent them to the seller.i think what saved the speaker from being damaged worse than it was is that the front baffle is made from extruded aluminum and i think the top and bottom solid wood.whatever hit it didn't have the weight or force to bend the aluminum so it just put a dent in the wooden top plate.

R

rdkusher

Audioholic Intern
the seller contacted me last night.he didn't want to have to do a return and asked me if i would accept 200 off.i agreed and he credited me that amount a few minutes later.i will probably get some wood markers and do some light touch ups for now.i might look and see if i can find someone who can cosmetically conceal the dent.these are fantastic speakers and are definitely worth the expense if it is not too much.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
That is great that it all worked out and you are happy. I have my eye on the psb Imagine XB. Will see. The Klipsch R-51m has worked fine for the past year from having the R-15's. I tried the JBL Stage A130 a couple months ago, and will put them up for sale on Nextdoor along with previous R-15.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
That is great that it all worked out and you are happy. I have my eye on the psb Imagine XB. Will see. The Klipsch R-51m has worked fine for the past year from having the R-15's. I tried the JBL Stage A130 a couple months ago, and will put them up for sale on Nextdoor along with previous R-15.
If you buy from Harmon you can return speakers within a certain time instead of losing money selling used . O well sorry didn’t like them , I’ve not heard psb but that line looks spectacular like old energies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis