Installing 4 speakers - 2 zones

N

Nrika

Audiophyte
I’ve recently purchased Yamaha RX303 (2 zones) and 4 Paradigm 7.5" Stylus 470V which are going to be installed in a big balcony - 80 sqm. Need some advise of the best installation location. I’ve attached the balcony drawing

Attachments

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I don't see a R-X303 from Yamaha. Only the R-N303. That model is very much NOT 2-zones. It is one zone with A/B channels.

N

Nrika

Audiophyte
Yes it is one zone with A/B channels but my inquiry was related to the installation spots of my 4 speakers…

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
There is a lot more to be taken into consideration than just the floor plan. How close can the speakers be to a seating position before they get too loud for that location? Will they be in direct sunlight? How easy will it be to get wiring to those locations? Do you need to worry about neighbouring properties? I would suggest this to start but you might want to hire a professional installer in your area.
9AFDA1BD-D32A-4F02-B0F7-5C45BD966AF0.jpg

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not the amp I'd choose for that application. Probably speakers like that would be best in mono rather than stereo, too. I'd try and space the speakers out so as to achieve greatest coverage where people will actually be....hard to know from a blueprint....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I chose the locations assuming a stereo setup. In mono the speakers can be spread more evenly. The idea was to have the A speakers cover the seating area and dining table. You probably don't want it too loud while dining, so that placement lets the sound level decay towards the table. The B speakers cover the bar area and umbrella seating.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I chose the locations assuming a stereo setup. In mono the speakers can be spread more evenly. The idea was to have the A speakers cover the seating area and dining table. You probably don't want it too loud while dining, so that placement lets the sound level decay towards the table. The B speakers cover the bar area and umbrella seating.
I'm just thinking that unless you have fixed seating deliberately for listening the stereo image is just going to get lost anyways....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis