Yamaha Aventage receivers with new YPAO

E

EBN

Audioholic

The wait is soon over! Announcement coming very soon. Availability July-August hopefully. :) Lovely to see they have listened owners and there is new low frequency domain mode where the Yamahas sucked before. @gene

A6A looks intresting! It has Auro 3D and 11.2 processing (9.2 model). ESS 9026 Pro DAC, 7 HDMI IN and 3HDMI OUT all 8k60, 4k120 support (all 3 models), redesigned the circuit configuration high slew rate amp, new more powerfull Quallcomm chip for the Surround AI which is better and works with DTS:X/Atmos, 5year warranty and the legendary 5th feet!

Use google chrome (auto translate) or google translate to see all specs and what is new.

High-precision "YPAO" with 64-bit high-precision EQ
Equipped with "YPAO" (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer), a viewing environment optimization system that includes a high-precision EQ that enables high-precision, high-quality correction by 64-bit arithmetic equalizing processing. This time, a new mode has been added that specializes in the low frequency band, analyzes acoustic characteristics on multiple different time axes, identifies and optimizes the reverberation bass range (standing wave), and improves visibility. Did. In addition, "YPAO-RSC" *, which actively controls the initial reflected sound peculiar to the room to optimize the viewing environment, and the sound field space by automatically measuring the distance and direction of each speaker and the height of the presence speaker. Through a comprehensive measurement / correction process that includes "YPAO 3D measurement" that corrects the sound three-dimensionally, the problem of 3D surround playback, which is easily affected by the surround effect depending on the position and specifications of the height speaker and the indoor environment, is overcome and the sound is produced. A clearer effect of improving the viewing environment is achieved while minimizing the qualitative changes in the speakers.

* RSC = Reflected Sound Control

• YPAO with a new low frequency domain mode and 64-bit high-precision EQ that optimizes the viewing environment

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I do like the new 5YR Warranty. :D

Auro3D is dead in the US, but I guess it’s another good option for sound upmixing like DSU and NeuralX.

Probably won’t like the new prices, especially the A8A.

YPAO Low Frequency mode? You can already set the manual PEQ band down to 15HZ on the current models. But I guess now the AUTO EQ will go down to 15HZ?

I don’t care for any room EQ, but some people do ask for Dirac. So hopefully one day Yamaha will put Dirac in their flagship AVP and AVR if it doesn’t increase the price significantly. I am surprised about the Auro3D addition. So maybe we will be surprised by Dirac one day. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I do like the new 5YR Warranty. :D

Auro3D is dead in the US, but I guess it’s another good option for sound upmixing like DSU and NeuralX.

Probably won’t like the new prices, especially the A8A.

YPAO Low Frequency mode? You can already set the manual PEQ band down to 15HZ on the current models. But I guess now the AUTO EQ will go down to 15HZ?

I don’t care for any room EQ, but some people do ask for Dirac. So hopefully one day Yamaha will put Dirac in their flagship AVP and AVR if it doesn’t increase the price significantly. I am surprised about the Auro3D addition. So maybe we will be surprised by Dirac one day. :D
Will there be a CX-A5300 this year? I hope it will be next year anyway as I am not ready to replace my Denon AVR yet.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Took them Long enough, coming soon. :rolleyes:
Anything gonna happen it will happen with the first year or so. 5 years of warranty? Nothing is free that is Calculated in the retail price. To bad Denon Onkyo Marantz Sony don't offer 5 years here in the Staties

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

The wait is soon over! Announcement coming very soon. Availability July-August hopefully. :) Lovely to see they have listened owners and there is new low frequency domain mode where the Yamahas sucked before. @gene

A6A looks intresting! It has Auro 3D and 11.2 processing (9.2 model). ESS 9026 Pro DAC, 7 HDMI IN and 3HDMI OUT all 8k60, 4k120 support (all 3 models), redesigned the circuit configuration high slew rate amp, new more powerfull Quallcomm chip for the Surround AI which is better and works with DTS:X/Atmos, 5year warranty and the legendary 5th feet!

Use google chrome (auto translate) or google translate to see all specs and what is new.

High-precision "YPAO" with 64-bit high-precision EQ
Equipped with "YPAO" (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer), a viewing environment optimization system that includes a high-precision EQ that enables high-precision, high-quality correction by 64-bit arithmetic equalizing processing. This time, a new mode has been added that specializes in the low frequency band, analyzes acoustic characteristics on multiple different time axes, identifies and optimizes the reverberation bass range (standing wave), and improves visibility. Did. In addition, "YPAO-RSC" *, which actively controls the initial reflected sound peculiar to the room to optimize the viewing environment, and the sound field space by automatically measuring the distance and direction of each speaker and the height of the presence speaker. Through a comprehensive measurement / correction process that includes "YPAO 3D measurement" that corrects the sound three-dimensionally, the problem of 3D surround playback, which is easily affected by the surround effect depending on the position and specifications of the height speaker and the indoor environment, is overcome and the sound is produced. A clearer effect of improving the viewing environment is achieved while minimizing the qualitative changes in the speakers.

* RSC = Reflected Sound Control

• YPAO with a new low frequency domain mode and 64-bit high-precision EQ that optimizes the viewing environment
Good news. Your use of @ very nice. now use @ for speakers . Don't mention big foot tall :cool: Good thing Yamaha's Engineering department finally took Genes advice. Hopefully Yamaha will send the RX-A8A so Gene can work his Magic see if it's what Yamaha claims it can do.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Will there be a CX-A5300 this year? I hope it will be next year anyway as I am not ready to replace my Denon AVR yet.
I doubt this year. Possibly end of next year. Gotta get 8K, Auro3D, etc. implemented without bugs. And with all the talk of Dirac (whether I care or anyone else cares), I bet some people at Yamaha Corp must be asking if they should just give in and add Dirac.

I am surprised Yamaha added Auro3D. So with that surprise, gotta wonder what other surprises are in store.

But if the CX-5300 in 2023 has Dirac, Auro3D, with THD+N all XLR CH 0.0003% :D and keeps the price under $3K MSRP, I bet it would be the #1 AVP for people who don't care for more than 11.2CH. Unless Yamaha makes it 13.2CH and get rid of 99% of all the old legacy Inputs/Outputs.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You ain't kidding... That's a lot of yen.
Yep. About $1,000+ more than the RX-3080. o_O:confused:

I sure hope the CX-5300 isn’t going to be $1,000 more than the CX-5200, unless it has Dirac and 13.2CH.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yep. About $1,000+ more than the RX-3080. o_O:confused:

I sure hope the CX-5300 isn’t going to be $1,000 more than the CX-5200, unless it has Dirac and 13.2CH.
what you think, a added "Droid" fan for heat removal? More than likely not huh?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
what you think, a added "Droid" fan for heat removal? More than likely not huh?
I hope they don’t put too many Channels and Amps inside the chassis. But that’s what a lot of people want.

Maybe the A6A can be like the current RX-A3080 and the A8A can have more channels for some people who want to put a bunch of speakers in their little rooms.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Curious about the A6A but willing to wait one model version beyond it for stable HDMI 2.1 if needed. My 2060 is still doing great. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I doubt this year. Possibly end of next year. Gotta get 8K, Auro3D, etc. implemented without bugs. And with all the talk of Dirac (whether I care or anyone else cares), I bet some people at Yamaha Corp must be asking if they should just give in and add Dirac.

I am surprised Yamaha added Auro3D. So with that surprise, gotta wonder what other surprises are in store.

But if the CX-5300 in 2023 has Dirac, Auro3D, with THD+N all XLR CH 0.0003% :D and keeps the price under $3K MSRP, I bet it would be the #1 AVP for people who don't care for more than 11.2CH. Unless Yamaha makes it 13.2CH and get rid of 99% of all the old legacy Inputs/Outputs.
About Dirac, in my opinion, with processors getting more and more powerful, Yamaha should consider offering Dirac as an alternative such that the user would have the option to just use YPAO (improved version of course) and Dirac Live. If the user chooses to use Dirac, then they would have to pay for a FW update to activate the software that is already build in. I suppose the licensing/activation fees could be in the order of $200 to $500?

That way, we don't have to pay the licensing fee unless we want to use Dirac. There are people like you, who don't care for REQ anyway, let alone YPAO vs Dirac, so why should they be paying for those like me, who are believers? I hope you will forward my idea to the power that be at Yamaha.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis