Monoprice 15% off 5/13/21 Only

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
The Monolith M215 was only $1699 today with this coupon. That's a pretty good deal I figure

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Yeah I snagged me one. Will be hoping it's really incremental to what I had there otherwise I'll feel a little foolish. However, I had been considering at the $2K price and when that coupon knocked another $300 off, I just acted without thinking too much :) Sometimes that works well. Othertimes not so much. Either way, I'll have a nice sub on my hands

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I snagged me one. Will be hoping it's really incremental to what I had there otherwise I'll feel a little foolish. However, I had been considering at the $2K price and when that coupon knocked another $300 off, I just acted without thinking too much :) Sometimes that works well. Othertimes not so much. Either way, I'll have a nice sub on my hands
What did you have there to begin with? That double 15 is going to be an absolute monster!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy poop, "incremental"? I'd venture to guess it's gonna be a lot more than incremental. That sub is a beast, and I almost got one myself when they were on sale a while back. Then by sheer luck I stumbled across that 1212NR, which is similar but with 12" drivers. I have about 900 watts going to it right now and it SLAMS. Where's your thread?? I'd be up to 19 pages by now with that! :p

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks Guys,

As POGRE has rightfully made fun of me for my frankenstein setup in my living room. I had dual stacked klipsch r-115sw's. Now those are much better than traditional klipsch. They are dual 15's. Surely this will be much better.

I also have a couple ML Dyanmo subs nearfield near the couches. One a 1500x (really nice) and a 1000w.

Of course once I got them all dialed in with REQ and MINI DSP, I decide to buy new speakers. Isn't that how it always works?

Looking forward to feel the difference. And will be interesting to see if those nearfield subs are still helpful or not. Somehow I do think they help but we'll see what REW tells me.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Guys,

As POGRE has rightfully made fun of me for my frankenstein setup in my living room. I had dual stacked klipsch r-115sw's. Now those are much better than traditional klipsch. They are dual 15's. Surely this will be much better.

I also have a couple ML Dyanmo subs nearfield near the couches. One a 1500x (really nice) and a 1000w.

Of course once I got them all dialed in with REQ and MINI DSP, I decide to buy new speakers. Isn't that how it always works?

Looking forward to feel the difference. And will be interesting to see if those nearfield subs are still helpful or not. Somehow I do think they help but we'll see what REW tells me.
Those are some nice Klipsch but even stacked they are nothing compared to that behometh you just ordered congrats I'm really looking forward to your experience with that sub

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Guys,

You might need the sign, though :D

@Pogre likes to be real, like really real, close to his near field subwoofer, so this one is for him :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Guys,

I would consider simplifying your sub situation and retire all but the 15" Klipsch's and your new Mono. They should be close in tuning and I think they'll be a lot easier to dial in. I have a huge room and 3 subs really do a great job. I'd like to get a 4th, but it's low priority. My bass is pretty much perfect across a couple of seats right now. A 4th would just spread it out some more and help share the workload.

The less my subs have to work the less distortion there is, and bass just seems more effortless. Like I said, it's not high priority, but if I find another deal on a 1212NR I may even risk threat of divorce. That would round out my system so nice. I know exactly where everything would go too...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I agree on using the two klipsch instead of the ML's. Problem is this setup is our living room/main TV room vs. a theater setup. So I have to make sure it looks good and the smaller sealed subs fit into the room better. I have one spot I'll see if the Klipsch works where the 1500x is. But I'm afraid it's going to be too big. The other spot behind the other couch doesn't have much room and that's why the 1000w is perfect. I think I could move the 1500x there and put the Klipsch where the 1500x was. But we'll have to see how it looks. Would be nice if the Monolith alone did the trick and perhaps the ML's will still contribute a bit nearfield. But we'll see

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I agree on using the two klipsch instead of the ML's. Problem is this setup is our living room/main TV room vs. a theater setup. So I have to make sure it looks good and the smaller sealed subs fit into the room better. I have one spot I'll see if the Klipsch works where the 1500x is. But I'm afraid it's going to be too big. The other spot behind the other couch doesn't have much room and that's why the 1000w is perfect. I think I could move the 1500x there and put the Klipsch where the 1500x was. But we'll have to see how it looks. Would be nice if the Monolith alone did the trick and perhaps the ML's will still contribute a bit nearfield. But we'll see
Hmmmm the Logans are sealed? It's very very difficult to mix a ported sub with a sealed as I'm sure you well know but if you were using the Klipsch with those I'm sure you know how to measure and make them play well together

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I bought a couple things with the coupon :)

Computer monitor, sub, assorted cables, and a mouse I wanted to try. It probably won’t replace my Razer Deathadder v2

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought a couple things with the coupon :)

Computer monitor, sub, assorted cables, and a mouse I wanted to try. It probably won’t replace my Razer Deathadder v2
Hey, that's a nice little grab! Some new toys to keep you busy for a bit.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That monitor looks super interesting. Saw an article about it being on sale, though no review... but by the numbers... :D Looks solid!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That monitor looks super interesting. Saw an article about it being on sale, though no review... but by the numbers... :D Looks solid!
no rtings review but there are a few others around:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis