• Thread starter }Fear_Inoculum{
  • Start date
}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just thought I'd post some pics of the HT room.

110" wall screen
Epson 8350 Projector
Yamaha RX-A2040 receiver
KEF Q150 surrounds
Paradigm Defiance X12 subwoofer (2)
Some terrible L/C/R speakers I bought in '15
2 rows of seating 9' and 14' from screen, back row 16" higher via risers I built.

Upgrading the L/C/R to Paradigm 800F in a few weeks. Also planning on doing a build out at the front of the room, and adding a ATS to bump the size of the screen to 128". New carpeting will be going in soon as well, and when I rip out the old carpet I'm thinking about adding in ceiling speakers for Atmos.

Also going to upgrade the receiver to an 11 channel, so I can run 7.2.4

20201204_111421.jpg

20200830_002816.jpg

20210328_154618.jpg

20210422_111748.jpg
20210104_144339.jpg

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General

110" wall screen
Epson 8350 Projector
Yamaha RX-A2040 receiver
KEF Q150 surrounds
2 rows of seating 9' and 14' from screen, back row 16" higher via risers I built.

Upgrading the L/C/R to Paradigm 800F in a few weeks. Also planning on doing a build out at the front of the room, and adding a ATS to bump the size of the screen to 128". New carpeting will be going in soon as well, and when I rip out the old carpet I'm thinking about adding in ceiling speakers for Atmos.

View attachment 47340

View attachment 47339
View attachment 47341
View attachment 47342View attachment 47343
Very nicely done !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

110" wall screen
Epson 8350 Projector
Yamaha RX-A2040 receiver
KEF Q150 surrounds

View attachment 47340

View attachment 47339
View attachment 47341
View attachment 47342View attachment 47343
I don't feel so bad about my incomplete riser now. Thanks. :)

I'm about to get mine ready to get carpeted along with the room. I'm thinking of doing the riser on it's own that way it can be removed. What's your plan?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I don't feel so bad about my incomplete riser now. Thanks. :)

I'm about to get mine ready to get carpeted along with the room. I'm thinking of doing the riser on it's own that way it can be removed. What's your plan?
lol. My wife has been bugging me to finish it for quite some time now. I was waiting until we decided to redo the flooring in the house, because I knew she'd want new carpets in the media room as well. So we closed the deal on selling our second house today, and the money (final closing) is the 18th. I'm getting some play money for the HT room, and we're doing about 70k in renovations to the rest of the house (new flooring, new kitchen, all 4 bathrooms, and new windows).

And I'll have the risers carpeted separately as well, so it can be moved/removed.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
lol. My wife has been bugging me to finish it for quite some time now. I was waiting until we decided to redo the flooring in the house, because I knew she'd want new carpets in the media room as well. So we closed the deal on selling our second house today, and the money (final closing) is the 18th. I'm getting some play money for the HT room, and we're doing about 70k in renovations to the rest of the house (new flooring, new kitchen, all 4 bathrooms, and new windows).

And I'll have the risers carpeted separately as well, so it can be moved/removed.
Sounds awesome

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Very nicely done !
Thanks. Still some work to do, but it's getting there. When we originally looked for a house to buy, having a dedicated media/HT room was my only real requirement. The first 3 years we lived there, it was basically used as a storage/kids hang out room. End of 2015 I decided to start using it for its intended purpose.

Unfortunately, I never did much research into good quality audio equipment back then, and got 'suckered' into buying some less than stellar speakers, but eneded up with a good projector and receiver. When the subwoofer decided to die on me just before Christmas last year, I started researching new equipment. Which led me here, and to my new hobby/obsession lol.

I've always been a movie buff, and a music lover. Just had other hobbies that always seemed to take up my money. Now I've decided to step back a bit from my other hobbies (at least as far as spending money is concerned), and concentrate on my HT room. I hope to have it up to snuff before the end of the year.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thanks. Still some work to do, but it's getting there. When we originally looked for a house to buy, having a dedicated media/HT room was my only real requirement. The first 3 years we lived there, it was basically used as a storage/kids hang out room. End of 2015 I decided to start using it for its intended purpose.

Unfortunately, I never did much research into good quality audio equipment back then, and got 'suckered' into buying some less than stellar speakers, but eneded up with a good projector and receiver. When the subwoofer decided to die on me just before Christmas last year, I started researching new equipment. Which led me here, and to my new hobby/obsession lol.

I've always been a movie buff, and a music lover. Just had other hobbies that always seemed to take up my money. Now I've decided to step back a bit from my other hobbies (at least as far as spending money is concerned), and concentrate on my HT room. I hope to have it up to snuff before the end of the year.
Oh I get it it takes time and lots of dollars to upgrade . Iam getting ready to purchase new SVS PB - 1000’s for my room as my old jbl subs are like 25 years old still work but at that age the next big movie boom could be there last lol !
Please keep your progress updated for us that’s a killer room too !

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
The wife kiboshed a bigger screen. I just got home last night after my 2 week work shift. Her and I went down to the HT room and were measuring out the size of a 128" screen, and how close it would be to the front row seating if I was to build it out and put the speakers behind an ATS. Even I have to admit, it was a little overwhelming if you're sitting in the front row. Even 120" seemed like it might be too much from that viewing distance (approximately 8' to eyeballs from the screen). I'm probably going to stick with 110", maybe if I can find 112".

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
The wife kiboshed a bigger screen. I just got home last night after my 2 week work shift. Her and I went down to the HT room and were measuring out the size of a 128" screen, and how close it would be to the front row seating if I was to build it out and put the speakers behind an ATS. Even I have to admit, it was a little overwhelming if you're sitting in the front row. Even 120" seemed like it might be too much from that viewing distance (approximately 8' to eyeballs from the screen). I'm probably going to stick with 110", maybe if I can find 112".
Couple weeks back we upgraded our tv from a 52 inch to a 65 inch we almost went up to a 75 am kind of glad we went with the 65 inch as this display looks huge in our room and it left room and funds for the sub upgrade which the wife was cool with . I’d really like a setup with theater seating like you have setup there that’s sweet .

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Couple weeks back we upgraded our tv from a 52 inch to a 65 inch we almost went up to a 75 am kind of glad we went with the 65 inch as this display looks huge in our room and it left room and funds for the sub upgrade which the wife was cool with . I’d really like a setup with theater seating like you have setup there that’s sweet .
Nice. Up until I had the projector, the biggest TV I've ever owned was a 46" Panasonic Plasma that I bought in 2008 (still own it, with no issues). I'd debated putting in an 80~85" TV in the HT room, but my wife convinced me that we should just go with a projector (not that I needed much convincing lol).

We currently have 5 TVs in our house (including the projector). Which is weird, as we don't even watch much TV.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Nice. Up until I had the projector, the biggest TV I've ever owned was a 46" Panasonic Plasma that I bought in 2008 (still own it, with no issues). I'd debated putting in an 80~85" TV in the HT room, but my wife convinced me that we should just go with a projector (not that I needed much convincing lol).

We currently have 5 TVs in our house (including the projector). Which is weird, as we don't even watch much TV.
We’ve looked at projectors only downfall was the wife didn’t want to see it hanging in the room but she didn’t bulk at the largest display I could hang in there lol so it was a win with fund’s to spare for a few upgrades and I’ll take upgrades more research and reviews to read first to narrow down the best choices .

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Same here. Lots of TVs, but we don't watch all that much. Don't have time. However, I can watch wherever I want to so I got that going for me...which is nice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis