Denon AVR-X3000 Subwoofer Help.

J

johnny702

Audiophyte
My Denon has been working perfectly. I don't abuse my system or max it out. This is my home theater system used mostly for movies and some music; no heavy bass. It seems the signal to the subs has stopped. I'd rather not replace my Denon if there is a possibility to save it. I've reset the processor and checked the fuses. If anyone has some information that can help get me back on track I really would appreciate your time. Thank you.

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
A few questions:
What make/model sub(s)?

Using one or two Denon sub outputs?

How are subs connected (e.g. RCA cable to LFE input)?

I take it you already did the simple things; double check connections, switch sub from Auto-On to just On, replace/swap cables, etc.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
My Denon has been working perfectly. I don't abuse my system or max it out. This is my home theater system used mostly for movies and some music; no heavy bass. It seems the signal to the subs has stopped. I'd rather not replace my Denon if there is a possibility to save it. I've reset the processor and checked the fuses. If anyone has some information that can help get me back on track I really would appreciate your time. Thank you.
It would be odd for just the subwoofer output to fail on the Denon unless you are using the speaker connections to drive the subs and an amp has failed. It's more common for the plate amp in the sub to fail. There is a simple way to check the subs. If using a line-level signal (the LFE out on the Denon), unplug the RCA cable from the Denon but leave the cable plugged into the sub and touch the tip of the RCA cable. You should hear a buzz or hum from the sub as the cable will act like an antenna. As mentioned above, turn the sub from 'auto' to 'on' to make sure it is on.

If the subs are working, follow the recommendations above and also double-check the speaker settings in the on screen menu.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My first suspect would be an inadvertant change in settings but failure is a possibility but I'd have to go thru everything to be convinced of that. More information about connections used and troubleshooting would be good. Being nice to your sub would benefit the sub more than the avr in any case....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis