Unusual Speakers for the rich and famous

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I would really like to hear these...
View attachment 47154

Speaking of B&O, these, though not priced at the "rich and famous" level, they look very interesting!
View attachment 47155
I've seen the top ones before. They remind me of one of those puzzle games that flooded toy stores following the success of Rubik's Cube.

Magic-snake-ruler-puzzle-toy-24-speed-Blocks-Snake-Twist-Puzzle-Children-Educational-Game-Toys...jpg

Remember how big Rubik's cube was? EVERYONE had one. It was a huge phenomenon for a minute back around '80-ish. My grandpa had one he'd leave on his desk and work on it a little every night until he solved it. We were forbidden to touch it, lol. He did it tho! No book, no tutorial. I got to where I could solve it pretty quick too using the "reverse entropy" technique.

d18zx2y-c2a6e66b-ca60-459f-a800-3dee2bab2b4c_copy_512x384.jpg

Much easier than trying to peel all the stickers off and rearrange them! :p

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I've seen the top ones before. They remind me of one of those puzzle games that flooded toy stores following the success of Rubik's Cube.

View attachment 47157

Remember how big Rubik's cube was? EVERYONE had one. It was a huge phenomenon for a minute back around '80-ish. My grandpa had one he'd leave on his desk and work on it a little every night until he solved it. We were forbidden to touch it, lol. He did it tho! No book, no tutorial. I got to where I could solve it pretty quick too using the "reverse entropy" technique.
yeah,
View attachment 47158

I found the "throw it against the wall and smash it into bits" worked a treat for me!

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

View attachment 47157

View attachment 47158

:eek:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I guess Krell made a tank of a dual 15" powered sub in 2000 for $40k. The MRS "Master Reference Subwoofer". The box is 1" thick solid aluminum and it weighs over 400 lbs. @shadyJ would have had fun reviewing this bad boy... It's stupid expensive, especially for 2000, but it looks like at least it performs. They advertised 120 dB at 20 hz with 2600 watt amp and all kinds of connection options and features.

download (4)_copy_586x500.jpeg

image (4).jpeg

download (5)_copy_420x315.jpeg

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I guess Krell made a tank of a dual 15" powered sub in 2000 for $40k. The MRS "Master Reference Subwoofer". The box is 1" thick solid aluminum and it weighs over 400 lbs. @shadyJ would have had fun reviewing this bad boy... It's stupid expensive, especially for 2000, but it looks like at least it performs. They advertised 120 dB at 20 hz with 2600 watt amp and all kinds of connection options and features, including Dirac room correction.

View attachment 47351
View attachment 47353
View attachment 47352
How could it have Dirac in 2000? It's not that old yet, is it?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How could it have Dirac in 2000? It's not that old yet, is it?
I can't find where I could have gotten that from anywhere. I musta got my wires crossed. I was looking at different receivers earlier too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis