Polk Audio LSi owners?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So recently I switched to a complete Miller and Kreisel setup which I loved. At first coming from years of using various models of Mirage speakers I liked the more directed sound but a week ago I plugged some OMD-28’s with an OMD-C2 for L/R/C in with a pair of OM-9’s for surrounds and OMD-5’s for height layer speakers back in and fell back in love with Mirage. Anyways, I have a chance to get a pair of Polk Audio LSI25’s with the LSI-C for $400. Looking for responses from people who have owned them in terms of positives and negatives. If I get them I’m 90% set on re-selling them for profit but who knows. I don’t care much about the in tower subs as I’ve got great in room response well past 20hz thanks to MiniDSP and MSO along with hours of trial and error, even with Def Tech BP2000’s and 2004 TL’s I crossed them over at 80hz so it’s not like I’m looking to depend on the towers for LFE or anything. Thanks guys!

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
So recently I switched to a complete Miller and Kreisel setup which I loved. At first coming from years of using various models of Mirage speakers I liked the more directed sound but a week ago I plugged some OMD-28’s with an OMD-C2 for L/R/C in with a pair of OM-9’s for surrounds and OMD-5’s for height layer speakers back in and fell back in love with Mirage. Anyways, I have a chance to get a pair of Polk Audio LSI25’s with the LSI-C for $400. Looking for responses from people who have owned them in terms of positives and negatives. If I get them I’m 90% set on re-selling them for profit but who knows. I don’t care much about the in tower subs as I’ve got great in room response well past 20hz thanks to MiniDSP and MSO along with hours of trial and error, even with Def Tech BP2000’s and 2004 TL’s I crossed them over at 80hz so it’s not like I’m looking to depend on the towers for LFE or anything. Thanks guys!
I have owned those towers and center. The Amps blew after while.

IMO the LSi are excellent for music, movies, not so much IMO. I was using some outlaw M200 monoblocks to drive them.

Before you buy them, make sure you listen to them...they are known to have blown tweeters and blown Amps. The blown tweeters are not really blown it's a sand cast resistor on the XO that fails.

I have fixed many.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Thanks a lot man! I’m checking them out this weekend. Talked the guy down to $350 cash. Worst case I figure I can flip them for a $200 ish profit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis