Covid-19 Hits Paradigm Electronics

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Figures, I finally get my Persona C ordered and they got hit with Covid-19 at their facilities. They have closed shop for 10 days to clean out.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Figures, I finally get my Persona C ordered and they got hit with Covid-19 at their facilities. They have closed shop for 10 days to clean out.
Doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon reports of more break outs All over. Guess rolling the dice with life's isn't more important than losing money.

Last edited:
Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Wear masks, get vaccinated, stay away from crowds.... Get COVID, then worry about after effects down the road. Newer strains are worse, per the experts.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Wear masks, get vaccinated, stay away from crowds.... Get COVID, then worry about after effects down the road. Newer strains are worse, per the experts.
Also, people need to eat right, don't engage in unhealthy habits, go outside/get enough vitamins, exercise and don't just sit on their butts.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Also, people need to eat right, don't engage in unhealthy habits, go outside/get enough vitamins, exercise and don't just sit on their butts.
We've been hiking almost every weekend since November 2020. Loads of trails throughout Ontario. Typically 6 or 7 miles each trip even through winter. The city trails are busy because the gyms are closed and people are going stir crazy, but in the winter we practically had the country trails all to ourselves. Very calming and cathartic.
20210130_131624-1024.jpg

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The strains or variants are more contagious but not anymore deadly and to be honest I question just a tad how much more contagious. What would make them more contagious as they spread the same exact way.
Now get vaccinated I agree with, it's our only way out. I get my second Pfizer shot first week in May. My mom is fully vaccinated as of last week. A few guys at work who aren't scaredy cats.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

We've been hiking almost every weekend since November 2020. Loads of trails throughout Ontario. Typically 6 or 7 miles each trip even through winter. The city trails are busy because the gyms are closed and people are going stir crazy, but in the winter we practically had the country trails all to ourselves. Very calming and cathartic.
View attachment 47031
I'm trying to figure out why people don't go out, at all. This is contagious, but not if people are separated by a great distance and they're not near each other for long periods. I see people driving alone in their cars, wearing a mask.

Personally, I think the whole "shut down the whole country" thing is ridiculous but since people don't do well when told to stay apart, many people needed to be told to stay home.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I'm trying to figure out why people don't go out, at all. This is contagious, but not if people are separated by a great distance and they're not near each other for long periods. I see people driving alone in their cars, wearing a mask.

Personally, I think the whole "shut down the whole country" thing is ridiculous but since people don't do well when told to stay apart, many people needed to be told to stay home.
The provincial regulations have always allowed for outdoor exercise. It's been considered essential like getting groceries and medication. The few people we have seen on the trails have always been courteous and one group steps aside to allow the other to pass safely. Never worried about our health or safety.

Yeah, I never get the mask in the car thing. I guess they don't fully understand how virus transmission works.

I've seen both sides of the story and I don't envy any government having to make these decisions. The hot spots typically occur at larger gatherings. For example rates shot up in the university area after St Patrick's Day. Doesn't take a PHD to figure out what happened there. I would prefer a more targeted approach. There is a big rucuss right now about closing golf courses where distancing is kind of built into the sport. I also never felt unsafe at a hair salon. My sister operates one and they wear masks and gloves and wipe down the station after each client. You're safer there than walking through the grocery store or pharmacy. On the flip side, I know several people working in hospitals and the stress they are under operating over full capacity. It may look normal on the streets but it's a serious battle ground there. The anti-vaxer and anti-lockdown people could use a dose of reality by touring the ER and ICU at a big hospital to see how serious this is on the front lines. Those nurses on Youtube are not making this stuff up.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to hear about paradigm

I've received both vaccines for Pfizer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the vaccines offer some effectiveness from the new variants just not as effective but still better then no vaccine at all

Am I correct on what I've heard on this?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Poop happens (and I actually wrote poop rather than the autochange fwiw). That people have trouble following the safety protocols for the sake of others in public spaces is somewhat sad, but is partly that range of what is appropriate when and where that some have some odd ideas about. Like driving in your car, alone, makes no sense. Or out on a hike/bike ride and not near others. Now, in a crowded space we've had pretty good local compliance but there is a convenience 24/7 store that is catering to the maskless for a while now....lost my business. Just don't need to encourage that behavior even tho they had great beer prices :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear about paradigm

I've received both vaccines for Pfizer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the vaccines offer some effectiveness from the new variants just not as effective but still better then no vaccine at all

Am I correct on what I've heard on this?
Yes of course, you are still protected from severe sickness, hospitalization and death. I'm getting my second Pfizer shot next week.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

The provincial regulations have always allowed for outdoor exercise. It's been considered essential like getting groceries and medication. The few people we have seen on the trails have always been courteous and one group steps aside to allow the other to pass safely. Never worried about our health or safety.

Yeah, I never get the mask in the car thing. I guess they don't fully understand how virus transmission works.

I've seen both sides of the story and I don't envy any government having to make these decisions. The hot spots typically occur at larger gatherings. For example rates shot up in the university area after St Patrick's Day. Doesn't take a PHD to figure out what happened there. I would prefer a more targeted approach. There is a big rucuss right now about closing golf courses where distancing is kind of built into the sport. I also never felt unsafe at a hair salon. My sister operates one and they wear masks and gloves and wipe down the station after each client. You're safer there than walking through the grocery store or pharmacy. On the flip side, I know several people working in hospitals and the stress they are under operating over full capacity. It may look normal on the streets but it's a serious battle ground there. The anti-vaxer and anti-lockdown people could use a dose of reality by touring the ER and ICU at a big hospital to see how serious this is on the front lines. Those nurses on Youtube are not making this stuff up.
The thing I really don't understand is when people keep more distance between their car and the one ahead.

Golf courses shouldn't need to close- the easy way to keep people apart is by putting golfers with different handicaps in the same group- they'll almost never hit the ball to the same spot as the others.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The thing I really don't understand is when people keep more distance between their car and the one ahead.

Golf courses shouldn't need to close- the easy way to keep people apart is by putting golfers with different handicaps in the same group- they'll almost never hit the ball to the same spot as the others.
:DSo true. Some courses restrict 1 driver per cart unless from the same household. There are usually logical ways to address these issues.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Worrying about appropriate social distancing while golfing seems like common sense might apply unless the crazed walmart free dumb shoppers show up?

highfigh

highfigh

:DSo true. Some courses restrict 1 driver per cart unless from the same household. There are usually logical ways to address these issues.
Unless the golfers do this, and I haven't, I don't think being in the great outdoors should be much of a problem-

1619613262508.png

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was prepared and bought my Xupermask...then promptly sold it on ebay realizing who the hell buys a mask for $300, I guess the same type of person who pays $675 for it on ebay :eek:

1619614814323.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis