R

RANDOSPEAK

Audiophyte
I have 2 EV 30" woofers and i need new voice coils , anyone know where i can source these voice coils ?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have 2 EV 30" woofers and i need new voice coils , anyone know where i can source these voice coils ?
Best bet is to contact the reconing parts suppliers or those who offer that service. They may have a list of the parts for these and if some other model uses the same part, it should work but removing the old coil is tricky since the cone is made of styrofoam.

What happened to the coils- overpowering?

I miss mine. I REALLY miss mine.

R

RANDOSPEAK

Audiophyte
Abuse or fatigue , not sure .
Thank you highfigh .

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

You will need a complete recone kit. You can not separate a VC from the cone and spider. So you need a cone with the VC and spider attached, a new center dust cap, the factory shims, to center the VC, and loudspeaker glue.

I have checked all my usual sources, and no one has a recone kit for those speakers, pretty much all other EV speakers ever made are available, but not those. Sadly it is the end of the road for those speakers, absent having a custom parts made, if you could even find anyone willing to make the parts. It would cost a fortune

highfigh

highfigh

Abuse or fatigue , not sure .
Thank you highfigh .
Do they scrape, or are they open? If they don't scrape or rub, check the resistance on the tinsel, not at the terminals- if you see a good reading (normal resistance), resolder the ends of the tinsel to the terminals.

highfigh

highfigh

Or, you could go this way-

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
I have an EV 30W I bought as a conversation piece for shop long ago, but never cut it open to measure anything. I'm pretty sure it has a standard EV 2.472 inside diameter. Not sure of the former length or winding length. Might be same an EVM15B/18B.

At any rate...with those dimensions confirmed, I can supply them to you.

R

RANDOSPEAK

Audiophyte
Thank you edgwound .
I have installed vc in TANNOY gold monitors ( form the backside )
I will pull apart EV soon and possibly send a coil to you if that will work .
Thanks again

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
Thank you edgwound .
I have installed vc in TANNOY gold monitors ( form the backside )
I will pull apart EV soon and possibly send a coil to you if that will work .
Thanks again
You're welcome. Look forward to it.

R

RANDOSPEAK

Audiophyte
I have an EV 30W I bought as a conversation piece for shop long ago, but never cut it open to measure anything. I'm pretty sure it has a standard EV 2.472 inside diameter. Not sure of the former length or winding length. Might be same an EVM15B/18B.

At any rate...with those dimensions confirmed, I can supply them to you.
Thank you edgewound
I will pull apart and contact you

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis