E

Edcard32

Audiophyte
Hi, my room dimensions are 11w x 12.5 L ( no wall on back) x 7h, please with some advice, which the best setup, I all ready have 7.2.2, it’s better 5.2.4?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's 11FT width x 12.5FT length x 7FT height?

I would just do 5.1.2 or 5.2.2.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
5.1.4 is definitely better than 7.1.2. I’m imagining in such a short room, you’re right against the back wall? This is problematic for a 7ch bed layer and for .4 Atmos. But of the two, I’d push for .4 vs 7ch.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The room is 11 x 12.5 but no back wall? How does that work? Maybe more details about the room and seating positions are in order?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The room is 11 x 12.5 but no back wall? How does that work? Maybe more details about the room and seating positions are in order?
Good point. After a re-read I saw the no back wall thing....

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

I would also suggest going for the 4 Atmos channels, no matter the ear level channel count. So between a 7.X.2 and a 5.X.4 I would suggest the 5.X.4 as well. The immersion of two Atmos channels is far more than what the 2 ear level extra surrounds do and when Atmos is only 2 channels its very "voice of god" like, not really directional, so its weird. Since you have no back wall, your surrounds can be on the walls near listening position and let the Atmos on the ceiling do the rest (since you have no back wall, and a small room, one row of seating, all the more reason not to need 7 channels at ear level).

Very best,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis