Front: KEF R500
Center: KEF R200c
Back and surround: JBL 530
Sub: Monolith 15 inch

In my workout room, I have
Denon AVR-x4000
Front JBL 570
Sub: VTF-3 MK5 HP

Now, I want to replace my JBL 570 in the workout room with KEF R500 from the living room and upgrade to KEP R11 in the living room. Is it really work another $5000?
I love KEF R500 than JBL 570, I want KEF R500 in the workout room, so in that case, I'm thinking to buy KEF R11 for the living room.
Will there be a considerable difference in quality from R500 to R11?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A considerable difference in quality?
I wouldn’t expect much more than subtle increase in dynamics... and it’s newer and more shiny! ;)
I auditioned the R900 and R11 both a couple years ago. Two separate locations. The R11s were not set up well and left me underwhelmed on first impression. The other audition was a pretty significant wow factor... and the listening fatigue was pretty significant. I decided KEFs weren’t for me.
Regardless, the larger drivers in the R11 should give a little more dynamic impact, perhaps more power handling. Surprised to see that the low end extension was the same (woulda hoped KEF had pushed the flagship down into the 30s).

K

kini

Full Audioholic
My current 7.1 config has the following in my living room
Denon AVR-4400H
Front: KEF R500
Center: KEF R200c
Back and surround: JBL 530
Sub: Monolith 15 inch

In my workout room, I have
Denon AVR-x4000
Front JBL 570
Sub: VTF-3 MK5 HP

Now, I want to replace my JBL 570 in the workout room with KEF R500 from the living room and upgrade to KEP R11 in the living room. Is it really work another $5000?
I love KEF R500 than JBL 570, I want KEF R500 in the workout room, so in that case, I'm thinking to buy KEF R11 for the living room.
Will there be a considerable difference in quality from R500 to R11?
IMO it would be a good upgrade. Newest generation UniQ much larger drivers. Despite the low end rating the R11 will have significantly more low end output and in room extension.

It would cost you $150 to try them from Crutchfield to hear for yourself. A small amount given the overall cost.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis