Need help choosing a good subwoofer to pair with my Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar while living in a Co-op

A

allstarr373

Audiophyte
I recently found out that my all in 1 Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar has the ability for me to add a subwoofer to it. As a result, I am now looking for a good subwoofer to pair with the soundbar.

I do have neighbors as I live on the 5th floor. So I am not looking to make anybody angry. However, I do feel like the soundbar is missing that punch.

From my tv to my sofa is about 15 ft.

My tv is caddy corner, I have a custom-built fireplace on a swivel door directly under the tv.

my budget is about $600 max. I believe I need wireless, as I think the only place I can put the sub is on either side of the sofas or behind the sofa.

I am a complete newbie to subwoofers so any advice will be much appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
All things considered, I would look at an RSL speedwoofer 10s w/wireless kit. It’s small, and goes pretty deep, and it looks like a near field placement is on the table. So you can have some subwoofage, but not the whole complex.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
All things considered, I would look at an RSL speedwoofer 10s w/wireless kit. It’s small, and goes pretty deep, and it looks like a near field placement is on the table. So you can have some subwoofage, but not the whole complex.
Possibly dual RSL speedwoofers flanking the couch.

A

allstarr373

Audiophyte
Hi William, thank you for the reply. I haven't really seen videos about RSL subwoofers, however since reading your post I started searching and these are right up there with great reviews and all. This brand and model is now on my list.

You mentioned Dual Subs? Wouldn't that be too loud or too much for living room layout? And be too loud? ....... but keep in mind I am very new to this so I dont the slightest. clue if dual subs would or could work.
I guess another question that comes up is the connection. I believe my soundbar has only 1 lineout connect for a subwoofer, so I'm not sure how dual subs can work?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hi William, thank you for the reply. I haven't really seen videos about RSL subwoofers, however since reading your post I started searching and these are right up there with great reviews and all. This brand and model is now on my list.

You mentioned Dual Subs? Wouldn't that be too loud or too much for living room layout? And be too loud? ....... but keep in mind I am very new to this so I dont the slightest. clue if dual subs would or could work.
I guess another question that comes up is the connection. I believe my soundbar has only 1 lineout connect for a subwoofer, so I'm not sure how dual subs can work?
Yeah, rsl is a great brand. One of the best brands no one has ever heard of lol. I don’t really love all the stuff on YouTube personally, but there is some good info there. For dual subs, it more about a nice even frequency response. Basically that means all notes played, come out at the same volume. With a single subwoofer, the way it interacts with the room can create peaks where some notes are louder, and valleys where some notes are quieter. The more subs in a room, the better chance you have at a smooth response. Some benefits are definitely more headroom, and output capability, but you don’t need them for that. Also, with duals, you still have to place them properly to get the best response. Nearfield can potentially help with that, but there are no guarantees.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
also, in most cases a Y splitter is all you need for multiple subs.

S

Spkrdctr

Audiophyte
Search the inexpensive subwoofers tested on Audioholics. Easiest way to find a good sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis