Hate to be this guy... Looking for the best $200 powered sub. Used is fine.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I remember that sub from parts express. You could call parts express they can provide some details and maybe ask about the caps on the amp. Those dual units were highly regarded at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Went and got the sub. Fantastic. Way better than my jbl sub160. Turns out the guy selling it is on this forum! (Hey, pandaman617) sounds great, and fit PERFECTLY in the spot provided

D

ddjr

Audioholic
Just noticed this. I have a "y" cable(one rca from the receiver to two rca's on back of sub. There is also an "lfe" rca next to the two input rca. I have receiver set to "lfe", should I have it plugged into lfe?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just noticed this. I have a "y" cable(one rca from the receiver to two rca's on back of sub. There is also an "lfe" rca next to the two input rca. I have receiver set to "lfe", should I have it plugged into lfe?
Generally with an avr with a sub pre-out you'll do the bass management in the avr, and only need the LFE input (which also usually bypasses the sub's low pass filter, but turning that up to max is generally a good idea too). The left/right inputs on the sub is more for older gear without a mono signal as well as lacking bass management.....

D

ddjr

Audioholic
So... so I need a sub cable that is not a "y", but just an rca to an rca, both male? And to clarify, it goes in the lfe?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So... so I need a sub cable that is not a "y", but just an rca to an rca, both male? And to clarify, it goes in the lfe?
You could just leave it as is. Turning the low pass filter to the max value is fine, and with dual connection like that sometimes there's a slight gain advantage (which may be why it came with that cable?). No harm, tho. Just not necessary.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis