MarkAudio Alpair full range Drivers... Any experience?

annunaki

annunaki

Sorry to be checked out on my own thread, friends. That Honey-Do list is a doozy! :rolleyes:

There is a lot to unpack here, and I really appreciate the dialog. Thank you!

@TLS Guy , It's been a while since we talked TQWT builds. I would be very interested in seeing what you come up with for some of these drivers.

On a side note, I saw several of their Speakers using multiples of their Full Range Drivers in what appear to be 2-way builds.

From my own DIY perspective, I still feel wanting for a better solution. I guess the hope of finding a single-Driver option is not very likely. I suspect a coaxial option may be the best from a standpoint of keeping a smaller box, avoiding stacking 2 drivers next to each other in the more standard 2-way configuration.
Considering I have 4 of the Zaph 5" Mid-Woofs hanging out, they become an interesting option. Their performance in the Mini Phils is strong, and in my smaller room, I don't think their performance would be problematic.

Needless to say, there are options. I'm still gonna chew this over some more!

Cheers!
One option I have considered for a planned lower level in wall design was the Volt-6 from DIY Sound Group. It is a coax design.

annunaki

annunaki

I've looked at those and have been intrigued.
What I liked about them was a small footprint and enclosure even when vented, and could get below 60hz for the low end transition to larger subwoofers in a theater application. Not only that they are quite efficient and have a lot of range.
Not necessarily the highest fidelity solution per se’ but definitely a cost effective option for a DIY theater. It stinks they are not available right now.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
What I liked about them was a small footprint and enclosure even when vented, and could get below 60hz for the low end transition to larger subwoofers in a theater application. Not only that they are quite efficient and have a lot of range.
Not necessarily the highest fidelity solution per se’ but definitely a cost effective option for a DIY theater. It stinks they are not available right now.
Madisound does not report them unavailable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis