Different brand amps in same system?

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
I imagine different quality amplifiers can have a different sound within your system possibly, but wonder if it is not advisable. I have Anthem AVM70 processor, and 2 of their amps(MCA 225 GEN2 & MCA 325 GEN2) unboxed. I was considering adding the Parasound A21+ for the 2 channel only when just listening to music simply because I am having a hard time seeing myself spending 6K for the Anthem STR amp. I don't have the speakers, however they will be the JBL HDI 3800, 4500 &1600’s with a couple of Atmos speakers undetermined at this point. I already have dual FV15HP RYTHMIK subs. I realize I’m going about this ass-backwards and it’s too late As I already invested in Anthem. I will have everything NLT mid May. Worst case, I’ll suck it up and get the STR maybe a little later due to the cost. Thanks for your help.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I imagine different quality amplifiers can have a different sound within your system possibly, but wonder if it is not advisable. I have Anthem AVM70 processor, and 2 of their amps(MCA 225 GEN2 & MCA 325 GEN2) unboxed. I was considering adding the Parasound A21+ for the 2 channel only when just listening to music simply because I am having a hard time seeing myself spending 6K for the Anthem STR amp. I don't have the speakers, however they will be the JBL HDI 3800, 4500 &1600’s with a couple of Atmos speakers undetermined at this point. I already have dual FV15HP RYTHMIK subs. I realize I’m going about this ass-backwards and it’s too late As I already invested in Anthem. I will have everything NLT mid May. Worst case, I’ll suck it up and get the STR maybe a little later due to the cost. Thanks for your help.
Good choices! I have both brands too. Anthem and Parasound amps, as far as I know, are not designed to have their own "sound". You can mix them up for sure, they even have very similar gains, within 0.5 dB if not exactly the same. If you can hear the difference between the A21+ and the STR, then you must have the so called golden ears.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis