H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ok I was pretty much set on dual RSL Speedwoofer 10s subs to replace my single PB1000 but with the new PB1000 pro I may save up a bit more for this. It really looks like a beast, plus the app is really cool as well. You think this is a good idea? Now my other question is do you think it'll be ok to use one Pro and my old PB1000 till I can get a second? Do you think it'll throw the whole bass balance off? I think I'm gonna try it but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think try it UNTIL you get a second pro. Imo, the new pros will kill the speedwoofer. Even though imo a pair of RSL’s would be better than the old pb1k.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think try it UNTIL you get a second pro. Imo, the new pros will kill the speedwoofer. Even though imo a pair of RSL’s would be better than the old pb1k.
Yes, that was the plan all along until these PB1000 pro subs were announced yesterday. I mean he more I read about them, and watched YouTube videos on them the more I wanted these even though more expensive. I mean 12 inch driver, 2 large ports on the front, the app to use with these subs, the bigger amp. It kinda turned into a no brainer. Now I have to save up 200 bucks more unfortunately. I think returning customers get a 5% discount, at least that's what they told me?
FYI the Speedwoofer 10S is going up in price the end of March. A little birdie told told me. Didn't say how much but this what I was told. My guess would be 50 bucks at the very least.

M

MDK210

Junior Audioholic
Get whatever you can afford or if you want to wait then wait but don't go bankrupt trying to buy subs.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Get whatever you can afford or if you want to wait then wait but don't go bankrupt trying to buy subs.
Oh no I won't. I'm trying something different with HT equipment. Instead of using a CC I'm saving money each week, like literally cash each week till I have the money to pay it off. So I safe 40 bucks this week, maybe 20 bucks the next, sometimes 60 bucks or 50 bucks. Before ya know it you have 500-600 bucks for something like that subs. Now it takes some time and discipline which I'm not known for but am growing into it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh no I won't. I'm trying something different with HT equipment. Instead of using a CC I'm saving money each week, like literally cash each week till I have the money to pay it off. So I safe 40 bucks this week, maybe 20 bucks the next, sometimes 60 bucks or 50 bucks. Before ya know it you have 500-600 bucks for something like that subs. Now it takes some time and discipline which I'm not known for but am growing into it.

That's smart Het. All of my stuff is bought and paid for too. Great audio is wonderful, but not worth racking up credit cards over.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, that was the plan all along until these PB1000 pro subs were announced yesterday. I mean he more I read about them, and watched YouTube videos on them the more I wanted these even though more expensive. I mean 12 inch driver, 2 large ports on the front, the app to use with these subs, the bigger amp. It kinda turned into a no brainer. Now I have to save up 200 bucks more unfortunately. I think returning customers get a 5% discount, at least that's what they told me?
FYI the Speedwoofer 10S is going up in price the end of March. A little birdie told told me. Didn't say how much but this what I was told. My guess would be 50 bucks at the very least.

The sub also have a trigger port, which is great. My old SVS NSD-12SB had only auto sensing which did not always work that well, while my dual SB3000 has trigger that I love. No more turning up the volume temporarily to turn on the sub!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
That's smart Het. All of my stuff is bought and paid for too. Great audio is wonderful, but not worth racking up credit cards over.
Oh yes sir. I have an absolute fear of CC bills now. When I was laid off in 2009 I racked up serious, I mean serious CC bills. I mean in the 10s of thousands of dollars. Luckily I was able to pay them off over the last few years as I was able to land a very good paying job. But I will never, EVER get into that mess again. I have a cold sweat fear of high CC bills. My Amazon CC was just up to 426 bucks. No way jack on that, stopped buying and paid off with some OT checks from all the snow we have been getting in the North East.
I have 360 bucks saved up for the Speedwoofer I was going to buy. I will just save a few bucks here and there over the next month or so and get that up to 500 or more and then order.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The sub also have a trigger port, which is great. My old SVS NSD-12SB had only auto sensing which did not always work that well, while my dual SB3000 has trigger that I love. No more turning up the volume temporarily to turn on the sub!
Hey from the SVS app you can control the sub volume correct? Let's just say I'm watching late at night and I want to turn the sub down a bit not to disturb the neighbors you can do that just by app right?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hey from the SVS app you can control the sub volume correct? Let's just say I'm watching late at night and I want to turn the sub down a bit not to disturb the neighbors you can do that just by app right?

Yes, you can control the volume as well as other controls like PEQ, etc. On the subwoofer there are presets to you can set and select from the app, assuming the same capabilities as the SB3000.

I think you can name the presets as (not sure) so you could have "nice neighbour" and a "naughty neighbour" preset :)

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, you can control the volume as well as other controls like PEQ, etc. On the subwoofer there are presets to you can set and select from the app, assuming the same capabilities as the SB3000.

I think you can name the presets as (not sure) so you could have "nice neighbour" and a "naughty neighbour" preset :)
I live in a townhouse with neighbors in each side of me. Either they are super cool or this place was built extremely well or combo of both because we were watching a movie last night late, ended after 11 and HT was at -25 and there was some bass to this movie. No complaints, no knocks on the door, nothing at all.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

What are you using for your AVR or preprocessor?
I'm asking because that's usually the easier place to control the volume of the sub and I know Denon has a special setting which focuses on reducing deeper base in the interest of being a nice neighbor.
I would expect between the remote and the on-screen display this is a easier way to adjust the sub volume, however I do not have the experience of the SVS app.
In my mind it seems like the SVS app is more of a tune the sub the way you want it and then forget about it rather than a daily adjustment device.
I may be totally wrong on that and appreciate those who have The SVS app sharing their experience of what they do using the app and what they do using their AVR remote!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What are you using for your AVR or preprocessor?
I'm asking because that's usually the easier place to control the volume of the sub and I know Denon has a special setting which focuses on reducing deeper base in the interest of being a nice neighbor.
I would expect between the remote and the on-screen display this is a easier way to adjust the sub volume, however I do not have the experience of the SVS app.
In my mind it seems like the SVS app is more of a tune the sub the way you want it and then forget about it rather than a daily adjustment device.
I may be totally wrong on that and appreciate those who have The SVS app sharing their experience of what they do using the app and what they do using their AVR remote!
As usual, it depends :)

Personally, after a calibration/setup, I leave the subs themselves alone. If, however, you would like to use the three PEQ (or distance change, whatnot) along with REW for experimenting, then the app is very useful, especially if you have multiple subwoofers. Even setting the volume during calibration the app is handy as the back of the subwoofer might not be that accessible.

For most users the app would not matter that much, but for the tinkers, I think its a a gift from God, where it not for that fact I'm an atheist :)

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have a Denon X3400H. I do love this receiver. I wasn't the biggest Denon fan in the past but this receiver is excellent. Its controlling a 5 channel Parasound amp.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As usual, it depends :)

Personally, after a calibration/setup, I leave the subs themselves alone. If, however, you would like to use the three PEQ (or distance change, whatnot) along with REW for experimenting, then the app is very useful, especially if you have multiple subwoofers. Even setting the volume during calibration the app is handy as the back of the subwoofer might not be that accessible.

For most users the app would not matter that much, but for the tinkers, I think its a a gift from God, where it not for that fact I'm an atheist :)
Yes, I consider an app like SVS is offering is an extremely valuable hedge against potential issues integrating the sub into your room! Hopefully you won't need it, but unless you have a lot of experience integrating subs into your specific room with the appropriate placement, it is a pretty extreme gamble that you will get the great sound you're looking for out of your subs without some way to adjust for room modes.
But I have generally considered the SVS app to be a rough equivalent to the Marantz and Denon Audyssey app set to only operate in the lower frequencies. It allows you to properly adjust and tune your sub to best integrate with the room, but the AVR via remote is a much better way to adjust sub volume or the low frequency control option they offer for not pissing off the neighbors. I forget exactly what their name of it is.
The 3400 has these options. I want to say it's a low frequency boundary control but I'm not sure!

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What do you guys think of the Rythmik LV12R? Servo a cool concept? Just keeping my eyes open for anything else in this price range.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What do you guys think of the Rythmik LV12R? Servo a cool concept? Just keeping my eyes open for anything else in this price range.

I think it is a good option. I like the servo concept. Can’t say it’s affective or not, but their subs are tight and clean.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I think it is a good option. I like the servo concept. Can’t say it’s affective or not, but their subs are tight and clean.
Yeah I'm not quite sure. I'm still on the PB1000 Pro but just looking at other stuff. HSU has a nice sub for 569 but 84 bucks shipping which is fine but a bit steep.
The PB1000 Pro comes out to 607 shipped, done deal with taxes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis