Looking fo help with Outlaw Audio

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
So you joined A

I used to own a Chicken Farm in East Texas for about 10 years back when I was a little younger. :D

Thank gods I didn't have to live on the farm, though. Would probably drive me crazy. :D
Wait what!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wait what!
True story. Owned a 55 acre chicken farm in east Texas and raised chickens for Pilgrim's Pride.

But the part I left out was that I actually hired someone else to live on that farm and raised the chickens for me. :D :D

Well, I still had to pay the bills and did taxes for the farm. Took some work. :D

My resume: Pharmacist, Chicken Farmer, HT Dealer. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
True story. Owned a 55 acre chicken farm in east Texas and raised chickens for Pilgrim's Pride.

But the part I left out was that I actually hired someone else to live on that farm and raised the chickens for me. :D :D

Well, I still had to pay the bills and did taxes for the farm. Took some work. :D

My resume: Pharmacist, Chicken Farmer, HT Dealer. :D
Down here where I live they still sell Pilgrims Pride in the stores here.I have eaten your chickens! I'll never look at fried chicken again without thinking, is this one of Andrews chickens?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Down here where I live they still sell Pilgrims Pride in the stores here.I have eaten your chickens! I'll never look at fried chicken again without thinking, is this one of Andrews chickens?
Yeah, back when I was still a "chicken farmer" I would go to Walmart and Sam's Club and look at those Pilgrim's Pride chicken packages. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, back when I was still a "chicken farmer" I would go to Walmart and Sam's Club and look at those Pilgrim's Pride chicken packages. :D
I would always buy Pilgrim chicken cause they where always fresher plus the pieces where bigger

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would always buy Pilgrim chicken cause they where always fresher plus the pieces where bigger
It was always a COMPETITION among the farmers to grow the biggest chickens. Reason is because we all got PAID based on the Ranking of the chicken weights! So the farmer with the biggest chickens got paid the most! :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I sold Pilgrim's Pride when I was a meat dept manager. In fact they were our budget store "brand".

As far as fresher that's more to do with shipping, storing and temp control, which really falls under the grocer's warehouse ordering policies and cold chain management procedures. Not so much the supplier. Some shipments were bigger pieces and some were smaller. That's with any brand. I will say that Foster Farms and Butterball ship their product almost frozen, which is good for freshness and preserving the cold chain. We were having issues wth PP having wet, sloppy leaky packaging. I was always tearing that section of the meat case apart for deep cleaning every week to deal with it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I sold Pilgrim's Pride when I was a meat dept manager. In fact they were our budget store "brand".

As far as fresher that's more to do with shipping, storing and temp control, which really falls under the grocer's warehouse ordering policies and cold chain management procedures. Not so much the supplier. Some shipments were bigger pieces and some were smaller. That's with any brand. I will say that Foster Farms and Butterball ship their product almost frozen, which is good for freshness and preserving the cold chain. We were having issues wth PP having wet, sloppy leaky packaging. I was always tearing that section of the meat case apart for deep cleaning every week to deal with it.
I have to ask, cause I do buy the 10lbs leg quarters and they sometimes frozen, since they frozen already is it safe to like umm let them thaw out some but not all the way so they can be separated to refreeze? I been doing that but always wonder if its safe to do it like that.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to ask, cause I do buy the 10lbs leg quarters and they sometimes frozen, since they frozen already is it safe to like umm let them thaw out some but not all the way so they can be separated to refreeze? I been doing that but always wonder if its safe to do it like that.
We sold those big bags of leg quarters in our fresh case. The ones we had were never frozen all the way, but would sometimes have like an icy glaze, but still shipped unfrozen. So yeah, it's perfectly fine to break those up and freeze them. Wed run sales on those sometimes for $4.90 a bag! That's $0.49/lb! They're a great value and I bought them all the time when on sale. Even regular retail, $6.90 a bag is still a good deal.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
We sold those big bags of leg quarters in our fresh case. The ones we had were never frozen all the way, but would sometimes have like an icy glaze, but still shipped unfrozen. So yeah, it's perfectly fine to break those up and freeze them. Wed run sales on those sometimes for $4.90 a bag! That's $0.49/lb! They're a great value and I bought them all the time when on sale. Even regular retail, $6.90 a bag is still a good deal.
Thanks Pogre!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Pogre!
Sure. Now, if you are buying them from the freezer section and they're frozen solid that's a little different. Still tho, letting them thaw a little bit to break them up and refreeze you should still be fine. The reason that rule exists is for the folks who thaw it all the way on the counter and allow it to get outside of temp safety zones. Once you start logging bacteria and refreeze it you're also freezing and preserving all that bacteria! Let it thaw all the way again and you're exposing it to double the bacterial growth.

If the product is still partially frozen when you refreeze it you're not breaking the cold chain and should be fine.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Sure. Now, if you are buying them from the freezer section and they're frozen solid that's a little different. Still tho, letting them thaw a little bit to break them up and refreeze you should still be fine. The reason that rule exists is for the folks who thaw it all the way on the counter and allow it to get outside of temp safety zones. Once you start logging bacteria and refreeze it you're also freezing and preserving all that bacteria! Let it thaw all the way again and you're exposing it to double the bacterial growth.

If the product is still partially frozen when you refreeze it you're not breaking the cold chain and should be fine.
In USA you wash the chicken carcasses in chlorine dioxide, something that EU banned in 1997.

"
Why ban chlorine-washed chicken?

Washing chicken in chlorine and other disinfectants to remove harmful bacteria was a practice banned by the European Union (EU) in 1997 over food safety concerns. The ban has stopped virtually all imports of US chicken meat which is generally treated by this process.
It's not consuming chlorine itself that the EU is worried about - in fact in 2005 the European Food Safety Authority said that "exposure to chlorite residues arising from treated poultry carcasses would be of no safety concern". Chlorine-rinsed bagged salads are common in the UK and other countries in the EU.
But the EU believes that relying on a chlorine rinse at the end of the meat production process could be a way of compensating for poor hygiene standards - such as dirty or crowded abattoirs.

Instead, the EU says the best way to eliminate the risk of salmonella and other bacteria is to maintain high farming and production standards.

The European Commission says: "This rule is part of wider EU legislation ensuring a high level of safety throughout the food chain, from farm to fork."

The US has voiced frustration, saying the ban is not based on scientific evidence. It even tried to bring a case before the World Trade Organization in 2008.
"

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
In USA you wash the chicken carcasses in chlorine dioxide, something that EU banned in 1997.

"
Why ban chlorine-washed chicken?

Washing chicken in chlorine and other disinfectants to remove harmful bacteria was a practice banned by the European Union (EU) in 1997 over food safety concerns. The ban has stopped virtually all imports of US chicken meat which is generally treated by this process.
It's not consuming chlorine itself that the EU is worried about - in fact in 2005 the European Food Safety Authority said that "exposure to chlorite residues arising from treated poultry carcasses would be of no safety concern". Chlorine-rinsed bagged salads are common in the UK and other countries in the EU.
But the EU believes that relying on a chlorine rinse at the end of the meat production process could be a way of compensating for poor hygiene standards - such as dirty or crowded abattoirs.

Instead, the EU says the best way to eliminate the risk of salmonella and other bacteria is to maintain high farming and production standards.

The European Commission says: "This rule is part of wider EU legislation ensuring a high level of safety throughout the food chain, from farm to fork."

The US has voiced frustration, saying the ban is not based on scientific evidence. It even tried to bring a case before the World Trade Organization in 2008.
"
Oh man... the ol' bleach bath. I don't know about supplier practices with that but I knew one guy who would take let's just say "aged" boneless skinless chicken breasts that were starting to smell a little sour and dump them in a sink with ice water and a li'l bit of bleach. This is a HUGE no no for my company and its a good way to get fired. This was when I first started with the company and I refused to do it. Pissed him off, but I was right. He never asked me to, or did it in front of me again.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Oh man... the ol' bleach bath. I don't know about supplier practices with that but I knew one guy who would take let's just say "aged" boneless skinless chicken breasts that were starting to smell a little sour and dump them in a sink with ice water and a li'l bit of bleach. This is a HUGE no no for my company and its a good way to get fired. This was when I first started with the company and I refused to do it. Pissed him off, but I was right. He never asked me to, or did it in front of me again.
That EU banned practice is a thorny issue when talking about US-EU trade. That said, EU have their own serious issues in some EU members with overuse of antibiotics in meat production to compensate for poor animal conditions. When buying meat I really try to buy only Swedish produced meat as antibiotics is only permitted for sick animals and not in preventive purpose, and there are regulations to promote healthy conditions for animals.

H

Helson

Audiophyte
BB55,
Your story does not make sense for several reasons:
- In your first post, you say you had a Model 5000 amp with balanced inputs and sent it back. The 5000 amp only had RCA inputs. The newer Model 5000x has both type inputs (I have one). If you are as unclear in communicating with Outlaw as you are here, it is little wonder Outlaw either does not understand or view your problem as genuine.
- In a later post you speak of being a retired attorney. Yet instead of relying on facts and logic as the best road from problem to resolution, you jump to assumptions ill intent, accusations of fraud, and intentional deception.
Additionally, the lack of precise language, many mispellings, poor sentence structure, and lack of documentation do not sound like the actions of an attorney, retired or otherwise.

FWIW: If I have a customer service problem and the CS rep or their supervisor is unable to fix a problem I write an unemotional email to the CEO outlining the problem, facts/documentation and desired resolution from the POV of preventing other customers from encountering a similar problem/mistep.
This approach tends to work very effectively, much better than venting unsubstantiated accusations on an audio forum in hope someone at the company will read it, YGTBSM.
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hi,
I've never posted here, but I frequently visit this forum, AVS forum and the Outlaw Saloon, among others, to read posts I'm interested in.
I have Outlaw equipment so this thread caught my attention. I have an older Outlaw amp, the 7200 which may be developing problems. So, I've been in the market for a replacement. I was looking for an amp with balanced inputs as I have the Outlaw 976 pre-pro. For the cost, I'm aware of the 5000x as I was looking into buying one when push came to shove with my current amp.
The strange thing is about the OP's post is, I believe the 5000x only became available last summer. It definitely wasn't available in 2019.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Welcome, and thanks for your post.
I've been a satisfied Outlaw since 2018. :) Fortunately, I've had no issues with my gear. *knocks on wood

It sounds like OP decided to drop it, though one of his last posts made it sound like perhaps some progress had been made in rectifying his concern. I do hope, if there was a mix up, that whatever happened can be repaired.

O

Outlaw Audio LLC

Audiophyte
While Outlaw Audio staff do regularly visit many online audio and video forums, as a matter of practice we generally don’t respond directly to customer complaints in those forums (with the exception, of course, of our own Outlaw Saloon). However, in this specific case we do feel compelled to reply here, rather than through our standard support channels, because of the nature of the allegations by the OP.

The OP states that he purchased a Marantz processor, two sub-woofers, a Model 7220 amplifier and a Model 5000 amplifier from Outlaw Audio in 2019. Our records show that the purchase was actually made in February of 2020.

The customer reported that after a few months he was having problems with the Model 5000’s standby light and requested a repair. In response, we sent a return tag. After receiving the unit and logging its serial number, our inspection revealed some liquid damage to the internal boards. We sent the OP pictures of what we found.

While this type of damage is typically not covered by warranties, we repaired his unit at no charge and returned it back to him. The OP then claimed that we made an error and did not send back his original unit. The reason stated is that the returned unit had only RCA connectors, but no balanced connectors which he said he was using in his system.

Here are the facts: The unit he purchased was a Model 5000, which does not have balanced connections. The current Model 5000X does have both RCA and balanced inputs, but it was not available until July 6, 2020. Therefore, the OP’s unit could not possibly have balanced inputs as we did not offer the Model 5000X at the time of his purchase. Our sales and shipping records, as well as our repair department logs, confirm this. It is simply not possible that his Model 5000 had balanced inputs.

To summarize, our records support the fact that the amplifier purchase was returned for service, and that the same unit was repaired and returned.

Outlaw Audio takes great pride in the products we design and sell, as well as our after sales service and support that stands behind them. We always strive to give our customers the benefit of the doubt. In this case, however, we feel that the confusion has led to posts that are not supported by facts and that these posts are misleading readers here as well as our loyal customers.

The Outlaw Team

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While Outlaw Audio staff do regularly visit many online audio and video forums, as a matter of practice we generally don’t respond directly to customer complaints in those forums (with the exception, of course, of our own Outlaw Saloon). However, in this specific case we do feel compelled to reply here, rather than through our standard support channels, because of the nature of the allegations by the OP.

The OP states that he purchased a Marantz processor, two sub-woofers, a Model 7220 amplifier and a Model 5000 amplifier from Outlaw Audio in 2019. Our records show that the purchase was actually made in February of 2020.

The customer reported that after a few months he was having problems with the Model 5000’s standby light and requested a repair. In response, we sent a return tag. After receiving the unit and logging its serial number, our inspection revealed some liquid damage to the internal boards. We sent the OP pictures of what we found.

While this type of damage is typically not covered by warranties, we repaired his unit at no charge and returned it back to him. The OP then claimed that we made an error and did not send back his original unit. The reason stated is that the returned unit had only RCA connectors, but no balanced connectors which he said he was using in his system.

Here are the facts: The unit he purchased was a Model 5000, which does not have balanced connections. The current Model 5000X does have both RCA and balanced inputs, but it was not available until July 6, 2020. Therefore, the OP’s unit could not possibly have balanced inputs as we did not offer the Model 5000X at the time of his purchase. Our sales and shipping records, as well as our repair department logs, confirm this. It is simply not possible that his Model 5000 had balanced inputs.

To summarize, our records support the fact that the amplifier purchase was returned for service, and that the same unit was repaired and returned.

Outlaw Audio takes great pride in the products we design and sell, as well as our after sales service and support that stands behind them. We always strive to give our customers the benefit of the doubt. In this case, however, we feel that the confusion has led to posts that are not supported by facts and that these posts are misleading readers here as well as our loyal customers.

The Outlaw Team
We had your back!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis