Connecting Bose Acoustimass 25 with a Denon AVR 4306

S

Skibble

Audiophyte
Hey

hope your all well and this reaches you in good health

Need some help connecting Connecting a Bose Acoustimass 25 with a Denon AVR 4306

I've previously done once upon a time using an Acoustimass 6 with another Denon 4306, which was straight forward after gathering information online from various forums
Only a few months ago as well with a Bose acoustimass 10 and Sony Amp.

For some reasons can't seem to get it working this time, Not sure if it' the cable which is different with previous versions of Bose ( Link below to an image )

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/tSkAAOxy5jxSbfQ7/s-l300.jpg

- The Denon 4306 Amp was purchased second hand. Previous settings haven't been touched, could they possibly be interfering. Was thinking of resetting the receiver?

- Have set speakers to Large, Small. Subwoofer - No
- Crossover set to 200hz
- LFE On
- Connected Red & White Phone leads from Bose module to Phono Port on rear and V.AUX ports on front of receiver

- Using a RCA x 2 phone lead to connect an iPhone via the front V.AUX connections for sound

Considering purchasing a newer Bose sub which i've used before, only things is their power rating is less

Also couldn't help but notice the older Bose Subwoofer has a max power rating of 350w compared to only 150w for the newer bass modules only reason preventing me from selling in case old versions are more powerful. What do you guys think?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance

W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
The first thing you need to do is a full reset on your receiver. The prior owner's settings could throw things way off for you.
If I were you, and I know others will agree, is to get better speakers. If you don't have the money I understand. Bose has little respect in the audio world. At least if you want the best sound quality for your dollar.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So you know the 4306 works or not (aside from connecting with the bose gear)?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey

hope your all well and this reaches you in good health

Need some help connecting Connecting a Bose Acoustimass 25 with a Denon AVR 4306

I've previously done once upon a time using an Acoustimass 6 with another Denon 4306, which was straight forward after gathering information online from various forums
Only a few months ago as well with a Bose acoustimass 10 and Sony Amp.

For some reasons can't seem to get it working this time, Not sure if it' the cable which is different with previous versions of Bose ( Link below to an image )

- The Denon 4306 Amp was purchased second hand. Previous settings haven't been touched, could they possibly be interfering. Was thinking of resetting the receiver?

- Have set speakers to Large, Small. Subwoofer - No
- Crossover set to 200hz
- LFE On
- Connected Red & White Phone leads from Bose module to Phono Port on rear and V.AUX ports on front of receiver

- Using a RCA x 2 phone lead to connect an iPhone via the front V.AUX connections for sound

Considering purchasing a newer Bose sub which i've used before, only things is their power rating is less

Also couldn't help but notice the older Bose Subwoofer has a max power rating of 350w compared to only 150w for the newer bass modules only reason preventing me from selling in case old versions are more powerful. What do you guys think?

Any help would be great, thanks in advance
Anytime we get questions about Bose it is a hassle.

The Bose system really is not designed to work with a receiver. The head unit is effectively a preamp, deigned to connect to a Bose Power amp. A receiver is preamp and power amp, and not really what you need. However you should get some sound. I suspect you have not assigned the input you are using in the setup menu.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Anytime we get questions about Bose it is a hassle.

The Bose system really is not designed to work with a receiver. The head unit is effectively a preamp, deigned to connect to a Bose Power amp. A receiver is preamp and power amp, and not really what you need. However you should get some sound. I suspect you have not assigned the input you are using in the setup menu.
This is like the new most Asked question here ..

It’s weird that Bose owners never understood this , if the acustomass powers the satellites why would you need a receiver?
It’s much cheaper to sell the Bose and buy speakers more practical for his denon .
A powerful receiver more likely to blow up these Bose satellites who knows there power handling specs hidden by Bose .

I got the opposite problem speakers but need a new receiver...
not sure how risky used market is I seen two cheap avr near by me .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Skibble

Audiophyte
Appreciate the help guys.

Good news! Thing have changed since my original post. Everything works fine now

- Reset the Denon
- Changed Subwoofer to new Acoustimass 6 model which connects directly to the speaker ports where as before the older subwoofer had Phono cables.

Managed to get some decent sound, very loud. Have a few questions hoping you can help me out with please

The settings are:

Speakers front, Centre, Surround - Large
Subwoofer - Off ( As a result LFE option un available )
Crossover - 200hz

Using a lower cross over or setting speakers to small effects the volume significantly.
With subwoofer option set to ON the subwoofer looses all Base.

1) The cable from the Acoustimass module to receiver has + - speaker cables plus a single phone cable with a yellow cap. Not sure if this needs to be connected and if so where about does it go?

2) Want to purchase another subwoofer, budget is only £50. Will likely be send hand to save on costs. Just need to know which port the subwoofer connects to again :)

If a subwoofer is added and option on receiver is changed from OFF to ON will this not in effect the Bose module in return?

Now i've done this exact setup before, connecting a spare Sony subwoofer to another Denon 4306 and Bose setup which worked fine..

I'm pretty sure a subwoofer with single phone lead to the receiver will do just need to confirm, in case anything else i'm missing, if you know any particular models that will save me a huge amount of time researching..

3) Since the denon can handle 7.1 i'm also looking for 2 more speakers, preferably floor standing? any recommendations if on a budget once again

Otherwise all is good, glad to have some decent sound again. Hope you guys are ok..

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Appreciate the help guys.

Good news! Thing have changed since my original post. Everything works fine now

- Reset the Denon
- Changed Subwoofer to new Acoustimass 6 model which connects directly to the speaker ports where as before the older subwoofer had Phono cables.

Managed to get some decent sound, very loud. Have a few questions hoping you can help me out with please

The settings are:

Speakers front, Centre, Surround - Large
Subwoofer - Off ( As a result LFE option un available )
Crossover - 200hz

Using a lower cross over or setting speakers to small effects the volume significantly.
With subwoofer option set to ON the subwoofer looses all Base.

1) The cable from the Acoustimass module to receiver has + - speaker cables plus a single phone cable with a yellow cap. Not sure if this needs to be connected and if so where about does it go?

2) Want to purchase another subwoofer, budget is only £50. Will likely be send hand to save on costs. Just need to know which port the subwoofer connects to again :)

If a subwoofer is added and option on receiver is changed from OFF to ON will this not in effect the Bose module in return?

Now i've done this exact setup before, connecting a spare Sony subwoofer to another Denon 4306 and Bose setup which worked fine..

I'm pretty sure a subwoofer with single phone lead to the receiver will do just need to confirm, in case anything else i'm missing, if you know any particular models that will save me a huge amount of time researching..

3) Since the denon can handle 7.1 i'm also looking for 2 more speakers, preferably floor standing? any recommendations if on a budget once again

Otherwise all is good, glad to have some decent sound again. Hope you guys are ok..
I’m not sure if they will effect your sound but I heard there are subwoofer splitters , they are useless tho cuz you need sub on for your other sub to work .
Get a active sub w speakers inputs run it threw your front speaker , via wire. Old fashioned way pre sub output .

I don’t understand how your unable to get bass with subwoofer on , is acustomass not meant for sub channel? How does it work anyways I’m clueless this is so confusing , way over my knowledge.
I’m not sure which towers to get something that’s not a ton better or you will outshine the Bose modules . Maybe any midrange towers ? Whatever you want .
Probably something with a dome tweeter.
E808C6CC-8B1D-4948-9F8D-9ED40FB3FC0F.jpeg

My speaker inputs are broken but use those .

S

Skibble

Audiophyte
From my understanding, Acoustimass has a built in preamp in the subwoofer so it handles everything. The results are obvious. When setting subwoofer to - ON using the Bose module bass drops completely only sound from the subwoofer. Will try to upload a video on Youtube once its up and running.

Anyway appreciate the help either way, Will keep that in mind

Should be able to figure it out after of some trial and error, know i've done it before so just a matter of finding the right setting..

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
From my understanding, Acoustimass has a built in preamp in the subwoofer so it handles everything. The results are obvious. When setting subwoofer to - ON using the Bose module bass drops completely only sound from the subwoofer. Will try to upload a video on Youtube once its up and running.

Anyway appreciate the help either way, Will keep that in mind

Should be able to figure it out after of some trial and error, know i've done it before so just a matter of finding the right setting..
Glad you got it working I never thought it was even possible !!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The phono(yellow cap) cable is the LFE cable. Connect it to the SW pre out on the Denon.
5613EEA8-86B4-4E46-ACB5-FE22F7B7938E.jpeg
3BE1D245-E90C-4B51-919C-71C9411DA094.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis