polk rti12 system vs klipsch rf 35system

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm thinking tweeter and bass response.

I know I preferred the Polk sound over Klipsch. And not every Polk. Just the Rti, and LSi series. But that's just me. I recommend everyone sit in front of a Klipsch reference system for a good amount of time demoing your material. You'll know if Klipsch is right for you.
Me too! I cannot see how the Polk RTi/LSi speakers can be a love/hate thing for people. Not everyone loves them but I have never heard of anyone who hates them. Klipsch is a definitey story, one may love the horn sound or ..............

H

hawkins

Audiophyte
I know this is a very old thread. But the RTI 12 and it new version RTIA9 are still occasionally for sale and I want to share my experience with other who may consider them. I have had the RTI 12 for 6+ years. I originally believe many others about needing huge power. I originally ran it with 150w/channel @ 8ohn along a long side of a 19'X13' rectangular room. I couldn't get adequate amount of bass no matter where I moved the speakers given the limitations of other living room furniture. I had always wanted to get another amp with a few hundred watts output. Then I realized when I walked off to the kitchen that was 15 ft to the side, the bass, mids and highs were very balanced, just missing the clarity for the highs since I was so far off axis. I have since run the RTI in 3 more rooms and once with an amp with only 35 watt in a room 23'X23' and have had very satisfying and balanced bass vs highs. They sounded like whole different speakers all together. It is the space that was the problem for me. I tried other speakers in different rooms and the balance among bass, mid and high changes in every room.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I know this is a very old thread. But the RTI 12 and it new version RTIA9 are still occasionally for sale and I want to share my experience with other who may consider them. I have had the RTI 12 for 6+ years. I originally believe many others about needing huge power. I originally ran it with 150w/channel @ 8ohn along a long side of a 19'X13' rectangular room. I couldn't get adequate amount of bass no matter where I moved the speakers given the limitations of other living room furniture. I had always wanted to get another amp with a few hundred watts output. Then I realized when I walked off to the kitchen that was 15 ft to the side, the bass, mids and highs were very balanced, just missing the clarity for the highs since I was so far off axis. I have since run the RTI in 3 more rooms and once with an amp with only 35 watt in a room 23'X23' and have had very satisfying and balanced bass vs highs. They sounded like whole different speakers all together. It is the space that was the problem for me. I tried other speakers in different rooms and the balance among bass, mid and high changes in every room.
I have Polks RTi-a5's, RTi6 center and RTi-a1's for surrounds and a 12" sub, paired with a Yamaha RX-V6A AVR. They have a very nice tone to them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You know, what you say makes so much perfect sense that I forgive you for bumping an old thread!

It's all about the room and placement! More power is not the answer for improving your sound quality if you already have good, sensitive speakers and sufficient power.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis