Narrowed down my speakers selection

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
I didn’t listen to the bigger kef q650c only the smaller 250c which sounded muddy. Any thoughts if the bigger dual mid driver 650c sounds cleaner in dialogue?

Thinking about returning some BW 606 bookshelves for towers and decided on either the 603 or Kef q950

leaning kef as not sure if my Marantz 7013 is powerful enough to drive the BW 603

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Q950s were pretty good when I auditioned them. I have been completely underwhelmed with the times I have heard any of the lower tier B&Ws (600 and 700 series). So for me, between the two, go KEF. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have not listened to their centers, but I would recommend the larger center. It will serve you better, especially if you have their bigger towers. ;)

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
I have not listened to their centers, but I would recommend the larger center. It will serve you better, especially if you have their bigger towers. ;)
thx and I agree I’d assume the larger drivers and more of them in the 650 is better. But curious if it’s also is clearer and better defined

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No way for me to answer that as I didn't audition the centers. :)
there is this:
And to balance that:
That big dip at 1000 Hz isn't a pretty thing. :)

If you want my honest input, between steering you toward the better of two speaker brands I don't particularly care for...
There are a lot of speakers out there and if looking for dialog clarity is a big deal, look for a 3-way center with good quality towers to match.
Monitor Audio has this, and I loved the Silver series towers. You could do SVS Prime Pinnacle with the Ultra Center... But for you, a lot more research would need to be done.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis