Parasound P6 2.1 Preamplifier and DAC

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
My 20 year old Sony Pre-Pro satisfied. I did not perceive there was anything else out there that could deliver a better result so I had no intention of replacing it; but, two weeks ago it went silent thus causing me to contemplate a new Pre-Pro. Thinking it all out I saw that the old Sony was just accommodating my stereo needs and therefore I began to seek out a new stereo preamplifier, which concluded with the purchase of a new Parasound P6. The P6 was selected over others for it's almost ideal feature set of digital and analog inputs, as well as low and high pass crossover control to blend bass from mains and subwoofer. After hooking the unit up to my components and power amps I expected to get a sound similar to what the Sony delivered. Instead I got the impression that I was getting more detail at low volume from media sources connected to the Parasound's optical inputs and I also sensed better bass management. At any rate, the new P6 performance made me realize, that the 20 year old Sony was not getting me "all that was in the groove to get", proving I did not know that I did not know. The point here is the concept of satisfaction is tied to exposure, experience, enlightenment, and trial of means to music other than the status quo means to music. In other words, the Parasound P6 Preamplifier is working out nicely for me.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
My 20 year old Sony Pre-Pro satisfied. I did not perceive there was anything else out there that could deliver a better result so I had no intention of replacing it; but, two weeks ago it went silent thus causing me to contemplate a new Pre-Pro. Thinking it all out I saw that the old Sony was just accommodating my stereo needs and therefore I began to seek out a new stereo preamplifier, which concluded with the purchase of a new Parasound P6. The P6 was selected over others for it's almost ideal feature set of digital and analog inputs, as well as low and high pass crossover control to blend bass from mains and subwoofer. After hooking the unit up to my components and power amps I expected to get a sound similar to what the Sony delivered. Instead I got the impression that I was getting more detail at low volume from media sources connected to the Parasound's optical inputs and I also sensed better bass management. At any rate, the new P6 performance made me realize, that the 20 year old Sony was not getting me "all that was in the groove to get", proving I did not know that I did not know. The point here is the concept of satisfaction is tied to exposure, experience, enlightenment, and trial of means to music other than the status quo means to music. In other words, the Parasound P6 Preamplifier is working out nicely for me.
I liked the P5 when I had it- I kept the amp, but a customer needed a preamp with XLR outs, so it left my house and went there. Definite improvement over the B&K that he had before, too.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I liked the P5 when I had it- I kept the amp, but a customer needed a preamp with XLR outs, so it left my house and went there. Definite improvement over the B&K that he had before, too.
The P6 is presenting Apple Music, via Airport Express S/PDIFd to P6 DAC, to make me think things can't get any better. Of course I may not know that I don't know.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you using Subwoofer(s) in your system?

The P6 has one Subwoofer Output, not two.

Does the P6 have any manual Parametric EQ for the Subwoofer bass management or does it just have a high-pass and low-pass?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis