Polk Audio Legend L800 amplifier question

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
I hate to ask, but il do it anyway. I am waiting on receiving the Anthem MCA 325 GEN2 amp and will be using that to power my next main/center channel combination that I will be building off of. I hear the L800’s are difficult to get right when it come to powering them. Based of specs alone, would this amplifier get it done? I’m asking because I’m toying with the idea of getting them if that amplifier could. If not, I was also looking into the JBL HDI 3800’s. The JBL’s are probably the safe bet, but I’m use to taking risks. Thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The L800s need a single-ended amplifier for the SDA technology to work well. That basically means you will want to stay away from class-D amplifiers, and many of them use differential outputs. I think that Anthem amp is class A/B so it should work fine.

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
The L800s need a single-ended amplifier for the SDA technology to work well. That basically means you will want to stay away from class-D amplifiers, and many of them use differential outputs. I think that Anthem amp is class A/B so it should work fine.
Thanks

T

tjcinnamon

Audioholic Intern
Is that a hard and fast rule? I'm searching for amps now and looking at the MCA 325 or an Anthem P2.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis