Intermittent buzz from Amp

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I have a Crown XLi 1500 Amp That I power my sub with. It works great except their is an intermittent buzz from the the amp. Any ideas?

Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Crown XLi 1500 Amp That I power my sub with. It works great except their is an intermittent buzz from the the amp. Any ideas?

Thanks
Can you give us more detail? I have no idea what your problem actually is.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
There is intermittent buzz that comes from amp itself. Most of the time no problem but once in a while it will buzz for 5 or so seconds. the buzz does not come from the speakers I don't think and it is not loud. Thanks for replying.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

There is intermittent buzz that comes from amp itself. Most of the time no problem but once in a while it will buzz for 5 or so seconds. the buzz does not come from the speakers I don't think and it is not loud. Thanks for replying.
That will be coming from the power transformer. If it is not loud enough to be distracting you can ignore it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

is there anything that can be done? Just Curious
The only simple thing you can do, is to open it up and check the mounting bolts and any bolts securing the laminations are good and tight. Otherwise the repair is complex and expensive and generally requires replacement of the power transformer. This is not an uncommon problem with power amps, especially procamps. Generally these are in locations where this type of noise is not an issue. So one option is to locate it in a more remote location.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis