Compact, “tight” punchy sub for JBL 530s?

R

rbf1138

Audioholic Intern
Looking to pair my JBL Stufio 530s and Denon S960 AVR with a relatively small subwoofer that delivers punchy bass. Budget is up to $500. I have a small child so I have to do my best setting this up in the living room where it’ll look unassuming and not be this monolithic thing he’ll want to play on.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
RSL10s is pretty small. Has been described by some as punchy bass. $399

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Also consider perhaps the outlaw x-12. Uncertain if still on sale, but price has been good, and it should have better extension for low bass than the speed woofer will. Might be larger, but the down firing orientation of the driver and ports will keep it safe(er).

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Also consider perhaps the outlaw x-12. Uncertain if still on sale, but price has been good, and it should have better extension for low bass than the speed woofer will. Might be larger, but the down firing orientation of the driver and ports will keep it safe(er).
The OP specified a small sub. The Outlaw X-12 is a great sub but isn't exactly small by most people's standards. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or place the sub where the kid can't play with it....but downfiring solves only one issue, playing with the driver, as long as amp controls are exposed they'll find them :)

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
theJman

theJman

Audioholic Chief
Looking to pair my JBL Stufio 530s and Denon S960 AVR with a relatively small subwoofer that delivers punchy bass. Budget is up to $500. I have a small child so I have to do my best setting this up in the living room where it’ll look unassuming and not be this monolithic thing he’ll want to play on.
I'll second the Rythmik L12, it's a highly regarded product. If you can't swing the extra budget than the RSL SpeedWoofer 10 mentioned previously would be a solid alternative.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis