Should I sell my Oppo 203

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
So I am still seeing these go for a grand or more all the time. Mine is mint and have everything (box, etc). Should I sell it? What would I replace it with?

We have all the main streaming services (prime, Netflix, Disney, hbo max. Not sure when the last time was I used by necessity.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
So I am still seeing these go for a grand or more all the time. Mine is mint and have everything (box, etc). Should I sell it? What would I replace it with?

We have all the main streaming services (prime, Netflix, Disney, hbo max. Not sure when the last time was I used by necessity.
You can certainly make money off them right now. And if you're not using it, then it seems like an easy choice.

Not sure what a modern equivalent would be, but it'll probably cost more than $500!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
After I saw someone here on AH sell two of them for around 1500 each, I've been tempted. But I like its functionality (even if some is only potential in my usual use), paid list for it new, and don't like selling things particularly but the way I use it I could use easily something else like I did before it....but the idea of perhaps pocketing $1k is tempting still....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
After I saw someone here on AH sell two of them for around 1500 each, I've been tempted. But I like its functionality (even if some is only potential in my usual use), paid list for it new, and don't like selling things particularly but the way I use it I could use easily something else like I did before it....but the idea of perhaps pocketing $1k is tempting still....
I hear you. It is fast and always works. Have been disappointed in its IP control so have been kind of stuck upgrading my control system. Maybe see what my Denon dealer has to offer and see if I do that and the new Parasound integrated I can get a decent deal. The integrated will be if I ever work from my office again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think Denon has a player that is similar, think I've only seen limited CD/SACD players from them....altho that would depend on what discs you want to play. $1000 would help pay the premium for Parasound, tho....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I really only use it for BD, UHD and a roon endpoint. All my music I have is ready ripped and anything new is purchased in flac. I think my 7200 will also act as an endpoint so even that is not a requirement.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
My OPPO-205 is not replaceable, since my only means to multi-channel SACD is via RCA output and OPPO is the last unit produced to deliver SACD via RCA output.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
This Oppo "scalping" needs to end someday! Thank you good Lord for sending me to the Yammy BD-A1060 when my Oppo died.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Wish I had a oppo 203 lmao all my gear is worthless now ...

If you can make a grand why not ??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis