Looking at a new 75 inch screen for the Living room.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Thats why I said get Sony, the reliability of their flagship line is second to none. I'm sure you been researching I know I would if I was getting ready to drop 5 or 6g's on a 75" or bigger.
For me I’m limited to 50-65” max tv size here. Rooms aren’t very large
The original qled and projection TVs costed a lot ...6-15k
Oh loook another technology coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
For me I’m limited to 50-65” max tv size here. Rooms aren’t very large
The original qled and projection TVs costed a lot ...6-15k
Oh loook another technology coming

LOL, this has been me over the past month....with our cat walking across the keyboard half the time..

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thats why I said get Sony, the reliability of their flagship line is second to none. I'm sure you been researching I know I would if I was getting ready to drop 5 or 6g's on a 75" or bigger.
Yeah, I am leaning toward Sony.. No way I can drop 5 or 6g's on a TV though.

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Well, I just got home from Best Buy. And this time I actually bought something, LOL. Geek Squad will be coming Monday morning to set up a new Sony 950H 75. We'll see how goes. Thanks to everyone for the responses. Best part is they gave it to me for the sales price. Getting kind of excited now.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I just got home from Best Buy. And this time I actually bought something, LOL. Geek Squad will be coming Monday morning to set up a new Sony 950H 75. We'll see how goes. Thanks to everyone for the responses. Best part is they gave it to me for the sales price. Getting kind of excited now.
Sweet! thats the model I been looking at! but in 65'. Has a lot of Tech in it!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’ve never actually heard of anyone paying to get it installed , I take it it’s a wall mount?? I guess it’s a heavy tv probably too hard for 1 person to move . How dangerous is shipping a tv that won’t fit in your car lol ?
Enjoy !!
Wish ida waited til 2020 to get a tv I’m stuck with a disappointing 2015 Bravia https://www.gadgetreview.com/sony-55x810c-4k-tv-review

O well maybe someday I’ll upgrade again :.
Does cable and u verse look bad on newer 4kTVs also ?

Last edited:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I just installed a couple of the X900 models in the 85" size and my customers really are enjoying them. Nice and easy to use. A lot of integrated features with their Android OS that comes with it. One installed a Roku to use with it right away that they are enjoying. It has a bright and punchy image with good colors and decent contrast.

It's not OLED, but for the money, it's a heck of a setup. I think you will be quite happy. If you do have windows behind it, you may be wishing for the Samsung a bit, but such is life. The brightness of the Sony goes a long way to dealing with ambient light in the room.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Okay @little wing its mid day so..postup pic or it didn't happen :p;)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I just installed a couple of the X900 models in the 85" size and my customers really are enjoying them. Nice and easy to use. A lot of integrated features with their Android OS that comes with it. One installed a Roku to use with it right away that they are enjoying. It has a bright and punchy image with good colors and decent contrast.

It's not OLED, but for the money, it's a heck of a setup. I think you will be quite happy. If you do have windows behind it, you may be wishing for the Samsung a bit, but such is life. The brightness of the Sony goes a long way to dealing with ambient light in the room.
Yeah, I hear yeah on that, they are finishing up now. I'm hopping I'm gonna be happy with it. Big investment for me.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I’ve never actually heard of anyone paying to get it installed , I take it it’s a wall mount?? I guess it’s a heavy tv probably too hard for 1 person to move . How dangerous is shipping a tv that won’t fit in your car lol ?
Enjoy !!
Wish ida waited til 2020 to get a tv I’m stuck with a disappointing 2015 Bravia https://www.gadgetreview.com/sony-55x810c-4k-tv-review

O well maybe someday I’ll upgrade again :.
Does cable and u verse look bad on newer 4kTVs also ?
The stand on this TV is crap. I was hoping to use it, but it needed to be mounted. SOB is heavy as fuuck. No one here but me and the lady, and she's at work,... so ching ching..:(

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
So, here it is. Geek Squad guys were cool. I had to take some work calls when they were here so I didn't get to see the whole process. He gives me a demo of the apps and settings, and turns on ARC for this. He played "Those Shoes" by the Eagles. Cool song, I hadn't heard before. Anyway, after turning on ARC, which I don't normally like, I turned it off as soon as they left. He starts digging into the settings on the Yamaha 3060. He goes into Amp assign and changes it from basic to something else. Then goes into the level adjustments and bumps up my center channel by about 4dbs. At this point, I'm starting to develop a twitch. THEN he goes behind my Rythmik sub and starts messing around....I 'm still smiling, but it's becoming a bit of a strained smile ...:eek: Turned out he turned on the PEQ on the sub...then he says, "There you go"! Everything's configured! I say.. thank you! Still smiling...but inside, I'm saying dude...WTF.....hands in pocket so he doesn't see the twitching...LOL. It didn't sound quite right to me, so I broke out the mic and tripod, ran YPAO again and tweaked it from there. I go back and forth between EQ and no EQ. In all seriousness though, they were good guys, and honestly, it was nice to have some dudes in my house who get as geeked (no pun intended) about this stuff as I do. I used to have people over to listen to music when I lived in Philly, not so much here in AZ....I guess that's a good thing nowadays.

Anyway...the TV. I need to do some tweaking of the picture settings for sure. But the colors seems pretty accurate from what I can tell. One thing he missed was, you need to go into the HDMI inputs and change them all from standard to enhanced. The picture doesn't seem quite as good as my Sony 930D yet, but I tweaked that set for weeks... so hopefully this one will get there. It's pretty damn big for sure...biggest TV I ever had anyway. They didn't hide the wires, so I had to run out and get something to hid them. I just didn't want to cut into the walls. So I got the Lagrand Cordmate III and painted it to blend in.. Gonna sit back and watch and do some playing with the settings.

Attachments

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks man, I really appreciate that. You never know how it's going to work out until you actually see it. I just need to work on getting the picture right now.
Umm gotta ask, what that lil glowing thing to the right?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis