Wharfedale Evo 4.4 or Dali Oberon 5 or Focal Chora 826?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the compliments. It so happens I have 2 old Denons ( 1802/3313 ) and I believe the the 1802 has EXT IN/multi ch inputs. Or I could just use the 3313 and put it in direct mode like you said with the 3313 having more watts per ch.
I like using current gear up while longer term decisions are made....

C

ciotime

Audioholic
I like using current gear up while longer term decisions are made....
I was thinking the same thing. I was reading discussion on other forum sites and it seems there's a heated debate between people who advocate for separates and those who don't see a need for it.

C

ciotime

Audioholic
Someone just suggested the Focal Chora 826 for my home theater setup...thoughts???

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I have the Focal Aria bookshelves and they are some great speakers. I have not heard the Chora line though. I really enjoy them. They are really easy to power and have the ability to put out great SPL for their size. I do cross them at 90 hz with a pair of sealed 10s as subs.

As far as the amp goes I would use the older Denon receivers. I see no reason to spend the money. No reason you can not integrate both to help your 3700 if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

ciotime

Audioholic
I have the Focal Aria bookshelves and they are some great speakers. I have not heard the Chora line though. I really enjoy them. They are really easy to power and have the ability to put out great SPL for their size. I do cross them at 90 hz with a pair of sealed 10s as subs.

As far as the amp goes I would use the older Denon receivers. I see no reason to spend the money. No reason you can not integrate both to help your 3700 if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks...yes I will try out just using the old AVR's. The Focal's are almost twice the price of the Dali/Wharfedale though. I'm fine with the price difference so long as it's worth it. I just dunno if it's really that much better to fork out the extra cost.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I've heard good things about these. They use this double tweeter

C

ciotime

Audioholic
Actually if they are twice as good as the Dali/Wharfedale then I don't mind paying the extra dough. There must be a reason why they are in a different price point right? Or maybe I'm wrong and the Dali/Wharfedale are much more bang for the buck speakers? It'll be my first upgrade in more than 10 years from the B&W DM 602 S3 which actually is still great even until now. I guess the upgrade bug has really gotten to me just recently.

XDM

XDM

Enthusiast
There must be a reason why they are in a different price point right?
So they can make more money from people who were conditioned to reason like that.

Read reviews where the reviewer compares them to different speakers. More expensive isn't always better.

C

ciotime

Audioholic
I've decided to get the Dali Oberon 7...was able to get them less than the MSRP.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis