Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
The reviewers gushed because it’s an incredibly fun speaker. I’m pretty sure Steve Gutenberg knows what he’s talking about. Don’t go knocking something if you haven’t heard it in your room setup properly. Happy Holidays!!
SAY WHAT ?

Klipsch' has some serious flaws that even the average listener who isn't blinded by hype can easily see (hear). Remember these reviewers who gushed as you say, this how they make a living.

But i will just lay out a few of the most obvious flaws.
Cabinet box style, No bracing, no damping, Using the very cheapest low quality drivers.
Most importantly, Greed, these speakers i'm sure cost less than $300 to manufacture and that's being generous. Yet selling them for 3k. Banking an old reputation to appeal to consumers. And finally I just don't think they care about the sound quality any more. It's all about the bottom dollar. t's not about the horn concept, because horn speakers can be fantastic when done right.

In today's market, they represent one of the worst values in speakers cost to performance ration.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
SAY WHAT ?

Klipsch' has some serious flaws that even the average listener who isn't blinded by hype can easily see (hear). Remember these reviewers who gushed as you say, this how they make a living.

But i will just lay out a few of the most obvious flaws.
Cabinet box style, No bracing, no damping, Using the very cheapest low quality drivers.
Most importantly, Greed, these speakers i'm sure cost less than $300 to manufacture and that's being generous. Yet selling them for 3k. Banking an old reputation to appeal to consumers. And finally I just don't think they care about the sound quality any more. It's all about the bottom dollar. t's not about the horn concept, because horn speakers can be fantastic when done right.

In today's market, they represent one of the worst values in speakers cost to performance ration.
Well I’m certainly glad I only spent $2996 on these instead of the $4000 on the JBL L100!! Haha

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
It wasn’t hype for me. I took them home and auditioned them. They are the first Klipsch speakers I’ve ever owned. I stayed away from Klipsch because I’d heard about the fatiguing treble and harshness. These are awesome if you like concerts and to have a good time. They are not for people that go to bed early.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Where's that Tool post about listening to music created by straights?
Too many libs and idiots in 2020!! I’m surprised you have enough time to comment on something oh know nothing about. I own these. Are you done burning buildings for this year? While I’m not a stoner either!

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Too many libs and idiots in 2020!! I’m surprised you have enough time to comment on something oh know nothing about. I own these. Are you done burning buildings for this year? While I’m not a stoner either!
Obviously the titles on this forum aren’t earned. They are only because you post ridiculous falsehoods about an amazing product. Probably big Yamaha receiver guys I would guess.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Danny Richie has started selling Klipsch redemption kits to redeem many of the Klipsch shtboxes out there. I hope Santa Richie comes down the chimney tonight for many of ya Klipsch shtbox owners. You boys need Jesu...i mean Danny.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Way too many "straights" really. Most can't even create music.

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
Ship of fools comes to mode after ready all of this hate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You would listen to 1 bad review versus the hundreds of good reviews. That makes sense for 2020! Dumb
Since there are so many other good reviews, why does this one negative review bother you so much?

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Since there are so many other good reviews, why does this one negative review bother you so much?
I don’t want people too miss out on an amazing product. It’s as simple as that. If you haven’t listened to these setup properly in your listening space then you’re doing yourself an injustice. Btw I respect your reviews and hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Too many libs and idiots in 2020!!

Are you done burning buildings for this year?
Go play some Ted Nugent on your Klipsch shtbox and be quiet (a.k.a shove your head far up Ted's stench cheeks and be quiet). Ted and Kid Rock's all you get.

Merry Christmas..Ho Ho Ho

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I bought these after watching the highly positive reviews from Andrew Robinson and Zeos.
It was primarily Andrew Robinson's review that enticed me to try them (once I found a discounted price that won't result in much of a loss if I decided to resell them). I am wary of his absence of measurements, but also respect that he has listened to many speakers over the years and might know what he is talking about when he said these were something special!
My intent was to do a direct A-B comparison vs. some of my favorite speakers. However, I set these up and listened to some of my favorite audition content and it was immediately clear that these are not competitive speakers. I did not hear anything especially wrong or offensive out of them (they did not impress me as harsh, to make that point), but nor did I hear the quality of sound and presence I am used to from well designed $3000/pr speakers.
I kept them set up and listened to them for about 3 weeks to see if my ears acclimated to them and my perceptions changed. I also set them up on speaker stands as Zeos recommended in his review. They stayed the same - nothing pronounced as bad/wrong to my ear, but not good enough for the price tag!
I like the retro look and form factor, but overall they were a disappointment given the hype and expense!
After I get them back from Erin, I think a good A-B test would be against my JBL Studio 580's.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
I bought these after watching the highly positive reviews from Andrew Robinson and Zeos.
It was primarily Andrew Robinson's review that enticed me to try them (once I found a discounted price that won't result in much of a loss if I decided to resell them). I am wary of his absence of measurements, but also respect that he has listened to many speakers over the years and might know what he is talking about when he said these were something special!
My intent was to do a direct A-B comparison vs. some of my favorite speakers. However, I set these up and listened to some of my favorite audition content and it was immediately clear that these are not competitive speakers. I did not hear anything especially wrong or offensive out of them (they did not impress me as harsh, to make that point), but nor did I hear the quality of sound and presence I am used to from well designed $3000/pr speakers.
I kept them set up and listened to them for about 3 weeks to see if my ears acclimated to them and my perceptions changed. I also set them up on speaker stands as Zeos recommended in his review. They stayed the same - nothing pronounced as bad/wrong to my ear, but not good enough for the price tag!
I like the retro look and form factor, but overall they were a disappointment given the hype and expense!
After I get them back from Erin, I think a good A-B test would be against my JBL Studio 580's.
If you wanna hear something real special/a notch above on a horn loaded design without spending 20k+, have a listen to the JBL HDI 3600 or 3800. It is the horn done right at this price. My sibling has a pair of these and it is jawdropping good if you pair it with something nice. But, don't take my word for it and audition it first.

As far as pairing goes, i'd suggest some Chifi or Russian push/pull tubes. I have a few that are hard to come by, but, this new piece is getting rave reviews from the YT reviewer klan lately (easy to get). https://doge.audio/product/doge-10-padc/

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Going by the specs they sure will play loud with little power. Never owned or really ever seriously listened to any Klipsch speakers so I can't comment on the sound.
They, as were their other vintage speakers, were designed when low power was the norm- Paul Klipsch was quoted as saying "What the world needs is a good 5-watt amplifier." .

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I replaced the diaphragms in a pair of Heresy tweeters and listened after- for newer music, the highs weren't great but for the music from the time they were designed, they sounded really good. That time was the late-'50s and there was no 20KHz+ response in music sources, no hot-sounding mixes, no sub-bass and the musical styles didn't need those- I listened to some '50s Jazz and they really were made for that.

Once I listened and had noticed the lack of extension on both ends, I looked up the specs, then used an RTA app- the measured response was in agreement with the spec sheet- 50Hz-17Khz.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It wasn’t hype for me. I took them home and auditioned them. They are the first Klipsch speakers I’ve ever owned. I stayed away from Klipsch because I’d heard about the fatiguing treble and harshness. These are awesome if you like concerts and to have a good time. They are not for people that go to bed early.

L

Lakeshow2413

Junior Audioholic
Go play some Ted Nugent on your Klipsch shtbox and be quiet (a.k.a shove your head far up Ted's stench cheeks and be quiet). Ted and Kid Rock's all you get.

Merry Christmas..Ho Ho Ho
[/QU
No thanks keyboard warrior. I’m not a Ted Nugent fan. I can’t believe how many Klipsch haters and people that don’t know what they’re talking about posting on here. Stay inside snowflake!! You might melt pussy willow. Hohoho

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis