Thinking of replacing my speakers, from a klipsch 504c center to...

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
My media room is decent size but due to placement my front stage is close to my seats. About 8-9 feet. And my current Klipsch RP8000f are difficult to place and not have the sound be too focused. I think they sound amazing.

going to most likely sell them but the center is my anchor point and the massive 504c does have the ability to create great dialogue.

what’s your opinion on my choices to replace...

SVS Ultra with bigger 6.5” but less drivers - though adds a smaller mid range 3way. I feel this kit has great balance but does it sound full?

Martin Logan has the smallest driver sort of at 5” but I’ve always enjoyed the sound quality of this family! Again concerned about not being as good as the 504c — thoughts?? (And going to the bigger motion 50 is a cost issue)

DefTech the center is technically the smallest drivers at 4.5” but has their 8” sub which I hope fills in some amazing mid bass for a center and my logic is helps deliver a good dialogue anchor?!? Flip side I don’t like the look of the front towers but if it sounds amazing I can live with it.

ELAC debut the newest line with that cool mid century modern motifs looks great but not sure if I’d be going backwards sound wise.

looking for your opinion and educated feedback

due to the pandemic not really keen on going to stores. And I’ve heard them all before sans the SVS. But the ultra towers are my top pick followed closely by the Martin 40 towers so smooth sounding.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I think you're wasting your time. Unless you change your Center and keep your front soundstage the same

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
I think you're wasting your time. Unless you change your Center and keep your front soundstage the same
Oh totally agree.
My bad I’ll be replacing all speakers to match. I’m just focusing on which center speakers would be the “best” option and then going with the match fronts and surrounds etc.

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Been looking at those actually from a pure visual standpoint they are AMAZING wasn’t too sure on sound quality or ability.

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic

Yes me again and still chasing my dreams ha

these Paradigm 800f and 600c speakers have recaught my eye. Still leaning towards Martin Logan 60XTi or 40i and 50XTi center. But besides price my only snag in buying them is my fear that my Marantz 7013 won’t have the power to make movies sound good.

that said these 800f and 600c speakers seem perfect. Just curious if they sound as bright and airy as the Martin Logan’s or more mellow like an Elac?!? As I want movies and dialogue to standout. I assume the big 600c would exceed my needs on vocals but idk ha.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Yes me again and still chasing my dreams ha

these Paradigm 800f and 600c speakers have recaught my eye. Still leaning towards Martin Logan 60XTi or 40i and 50XTi center. But besides price my only snag in buying them is my fear that my Marantz 7013 won’t have the power to make movies sound good.

that said these 800f and 600c speakers seem perfect. Just curious if they sound as bright and airy as the Martin Logan’s or more mellow like an Elac?!? As I want movies and dialogue to standout. I assume the big 600c would exceed my needs on vocals but idk ha.
The Paradigm Premier speakers are neutral. They shouldn't sound especially bright and airy or mellow. They are just accurate.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thx

so more like Elac than BW
Some of the Elac speakers have been shown to have neutral responses, but others have shown a more downward tilt in the response, so I don't know about Elac.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
My media room is decent size but due to placement my front stage is close to my seats. About 8-9 feet. And my current Klipsch RP8000f are difficult to place and not have the sound be too focused. I think they sound amazing.

going to most likely sell them but the center is my anchor point and the massive 504c does have the ability to create great dialogue.

what’s your opinion on my choices to replace...

SVS Ultra with bigger 6.5” but less drivers - though adds a smaller mid range 3way. I feel this kit has great balance but does it sound full?

Martin Logan has the smallest driver sort of at 5” but I’ve always enjoyed the sound quality of this family! Again concerned about not being as good as the 504c — thoughts?? (And going to the bigger motion 50 is a cost issue)

DefTech the center is technically the smallest drivers at 4.5” but has their 8” sub which I hope fills in some amazing mid bass for a center and my logic is helps deliver a good dialogue anchor?!? Flip side I don’t like the look of the front towers but if it sounds amazing I can live with it.

ELAC debut the newest line with that cool mid century modern motifs looks great but not sure if I’d be going backwards sound wise.

looking for your opinion and educated feedback

due to the pandemic not really keen on going to stores. And I’ve heard them all before sans the SVS. But the ultra towers are my top pick followed closely by the Martin 40 towers so smooth sounding.
Upgrading probably won’t improve sound quality, I wish there were stores we could listen to all these brands at.
You may prefer another brand or throw money away and like Klipch better . The paradigms center has two passives so it’s less speakers then yours .
Do any of these brands have free return policy?

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Upgrading probably won’t improve sound quality, I wish there were stores we could listen to all these brands at.
You may prefer another brand or throw money away and like Klipch better . The paradigms center has two passives so it’s less speakers then yours .
Do any of these brands have free return policy?
Fwiw I sold all my klipsch speakers awhile back. And tomorrow I’m picking up my new speakers.

but still conflicted lol. Just tried a DefTech 9040 center and honestly for movies the dialogue is the best I’ve heard in my home!!! But did find a local paradigm dealer and the 600c (and 800f) sounded extremely smooth and almost rich. But also still want the Martin Logan 40i and 50xti setup as I think it’s a better built speaker though also “worry” my modest AVR (Marantz 7013) won’t have enough power for all Martin Logan’s

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Fwiw I sold all my klipsch speakers awhile back. And tomorrow I’m picking up my new speakers.

but still conflicted lol. Just tried a DefTech 9040 center and honestly for movies the dialogue is the best I’ve heard in my home!!! But did find a local paradigm dealer and the 600c (and 800f) sounded extremely smooth and almost rich. But also still want the Martin Logan 40i and 50xti setup as I think it’s a better built speaker though also “worry” my modest AVR (Marantz 7013) won’t have enough power for all Martin Logan’s
Lack of a midrange hurt Klipch as a brand ? What was reasoning to drop them ? Logan’s and emotiva and brands with those tweeters definitely look impressive!!! I’ve not heard paradigms but they look excellent.
If I ever switch I’ll keep Klipch icons for a secondary system, costed too much got ripped off by a friend on my bestbuy credit card costed $300-600 over there value .
My worst purchase ever just about , not quite . They don’t sound horrible just too loud too crank up !!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis