50yrs an audiophile - can't adj. volume rear speakers yamy

R

rajbcpa

Audiophyte
I purchase several brands of receivers including denon, marantz, sony, yamaha, etc. ....I gave up on denon and marantz since they break every year or so.... the last marantz I purchased was $3K and it was busted right out of the box... these are all new not used, not refurbished, not from an open box....

Anyway, I bought 7 or 8 yamahas this year because they are supposed to last a bit longer than the other junk on the market today...

I bought several receivers and separate crown power amplifiers ONLY bcause I cannot adjust the rear speakers on all three yamahas that are running 4 HT - I just split a toslink out form each source [cable box, dvd player, bluetooth, etc.] and run the rear speakers with a differnt amp or receiver so I can adjust the volume. I have 4 Home thearters with 5 separate crown amplifiers, 6 receivers [yamaha] just to get the rear, or rear surrounds to play loud enough...

I microphone included with each yamaha receiver DOES NOT WORK..... [rear channel speakers, rear surrounds, etc canot be heard]!

I have searche here and on the Internet - nothing on point. ...only a lot of garbage about small large speaker settings.

What I am looking for is: INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OVERRIDE OR CANCEL THE AUTO SETTINGS FROM THE MICROPHONE WHICH IS KEEPING MY REAR CHANNEL SPEAKERS TOO LOW

...who designs this garbage?

HDMI is another sewer piece of technology that I attempt to avoid. ...every switch the channel using a remote only to lose the signal and get a dumb message - no connection - change your HDMI cable.....?????

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your avrs don't have adjustable channel/speaker levels ? The surrounds aren't supposed to be very loud otoh, they're more for surround effects.

R

rajbcpa

Audiophyte
I'm looking for directions on how to adjust the individual loudness of each and every possible speaker ,,, some of my ht have 18 - 24 large format [12" and 15" jbl woofers and 1" and 2" jbl compression drivers...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm looking for directions on how to adjust the individual loudness of each and every possible speaker ,,, some of my ht have 18 - 24 large format [12" and 15" jbl woofers and 1" and 2" jbl compression drivers...
Speaker or driver? Actively bi-amped?

R

rajbcpa

Audiophyte
I'm thinking one possible solution:

swap front speaker wires with, surround rear speakers... ...this would only solve one of 4 HT systems in my house since the remaining 3 HT system in my home have multiple rear, rear surround and extra rear speakers...

R

rajbcpa

Audiophyte
Speaker or driver? Actively bi-amped?
what is a driver? software???? ...bi-amp? no - this was a common practice 40 years ago. I use stereo crown power amps for each set of rear, rear surround and extra back speaker so I can adjust the rear, rear surround and extra rear speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
what is a driver? software???? ...bi-amp? no - this was a common practice 40 years ago. I use stereo crown power amps for each set of rear, rear surround and extra back speaker so I can adjust the rear, rear surround and extra rear speakers.
Driver is the component of the speaker that creates the sound (i.e. a transducer), you mentioned two types, woofers and compression drivers. You have surrounds, rear surrounds and "extra" rear surround? That's sounds a bit odd.

If you're using your Crown amps to bi-amp the speakers (i.e. one amp channel controlling high frequencies, the other handling low frequencies), you would adjust those levels at the amp, not the avr.

What model speakers do you have?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis