Denon AVR-X3600H AVR-X4500H Preamp out Question

E

ensco

Enthusiast
Hello,

This is my first time posting.

If I use the amp assign feature for either a Denon AVR-X3600H or a X4500H – To set the front channel to disconnect from the internal amp to allow cleaner (up to 2V+) front channel preamp output going to an external amp – Will the correct output signals be sent to my 5.2 speaker system or will I lose audio signal information because I don't have enough speakers in the system ?

Trying to decide: for current 5.2 and for future 4k TV 7.2.... ?

AVR-X3600H ($900) + Emotiva (2ch 150 watt/ch amp) ($400) = ($1300 Total)
X3600H has HDCP 2.3 vs 2.2 – Is this an advatage with 4k eqmnt or only with 8k eqmnt ?
Atmos height virtualization – How effective/important is this feature ? (5.2 doesn't apply)

Or

AVR-X4500H ($1200)
More power output – 2 line display
DDSC – Auro 3D – Bass Sync – I’ve never experienced these – so I don’t know.
I have a 60watt Emotiva 2ch. amp for surround channel hookup.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations & suggestions.

Ensco

E

ensco

Enthusiast
All speakers EmpTek (All 6ohm / decent efficiency / Large towers / Large center / Surrounds.) 5.2 setup
Currently own a - 60watt per ch. Emotiva 2ch. amp - Connected to AVR surround preouts.
Might purchase a - 150watt per ch. Emotiva 2ch. amp.
Current AVR - Denon AVR-3311 -125watt per ch. - running front and center channel (Bad surround channel - reason for upgrade)
ensco

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
That Denon 3600 is stable to 4 Ohms unless you're cranking in an extremely large room at reference level volumes I don't think you need an amp.
JMO

E

ensco

Enthusiast
Thanks for the recommendation - regarding the amp assign front channel preamp out portion of my question and how that might work with a 5.2 setup - what do you think.
ensco

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Denon 3600 amp assign lets you use pre-outs for the fronts. Doing so does not cause any loss of music. The other amps stay on.

If you use a 5.2 setup with movies then in some cases you may miss out on a slamming door in the rear of the room or some other sound effect but you won't even notice it. Besides the 3600 lets you add these later if desired.

Personally, I would much rather have the Denon 3700 instead. If offers pre-amp mode that allows your other channels to be off in stereo mode for much lower power usage and you get two presets on the unit to easy switch between a preamp stereo setup and a 5.2 movie config. You can usually negotiate a 10% discount at several dealers that makes the 3700 within a short cost difference of the 3600.

E

ensco

Enthusiast
Thanks to all for the information and assistance.
ensco

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis