Quick Question About Audyssey + Atmos Speakers

D

devinthedude57

Audiophyte
I just added a pair of Atmos speakers to my setup, and I'm curious if it is possible to run Audyssey (MultEQ XT32 on a Marantz SR6013) for only those speakers. I spent a lot of time dialing in everything in my existing setup using a combination of Audyssey, REW and Multi-Sub Optimizer, and I would LOVE to not have to do all of that again. I know the Audyssey MultEQ app allows you to save different configurations, but I was hoping there was a way to basically "skip" all of the speakers except for the new pair. I realize it's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask. And if there isn't, I think I'll just set the distance and levels, and call it a day.

K

kini

Full Audioholic
I just added a pair of Atmos speakers to my setup, and I'm curious if it is possible to run Audyssey (MultEQ XT32 on a Marantz SR6013) for only those speakers. I spent a lot of time dialing in everything in my existing setup using a combination of Audyssey, REW and Multi-Sub Optimizer, and I would LOVE to not have to do all of that again. I know the Audyssey MultEQ app allows you to save different configurations, but I was hoping there was a way to basically "skip" all of the speakers except for the new pair. I realize it's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask. And if there isn't, I think I'll just set the distance and levels, and call it a day.
You can try and go into your speaker menu and deselect everything but the Atmos speakers and see if it will let you run Audessey.

D

devinthedude57

Audiophyte
You can try and go into your speaker menu and deselect everything but the Atmos speakers and see if it will let you run Audessey.
I think if I did that, I would then lose the calibration settings for the rest of them. It seems to run on a "profile"-based system, at least in the app.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think if I did that, I would then lose the calibration settings for the rest of them. It seems to run on a "profile"-based system, at least in the app.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure there’s no way to do it. That would be kinda nice though. Hmmm

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis