4x RSL Speedwoofers???

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Still, concentrating on integration is crucial with any sub/subs.....that's why just auditioning them informally is generally useless.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or VTF-3 Mk5 .... same driver as 15H but a bit more affordable and close in performance....

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
Ok last question for you guys because I need to close the book on this tonight.
2x pb2000 for $1300 shipped or
1x fv15hp for $1475 shipped

Thanks again for all your helpful input

A

audiophool7878

Junior Audioholic
Or VTF-3 Mk5 .... same driver as 15H but a bit more affordable and close in performance....
What is different if the driver is the same? I tried to compare and couldnt tell. Is it just the box or a slightly better amp?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Personal decision in the long run. Do like the Hsu VTF3 mk5 dual suggestion, tho :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is different if the driver is the same? I tried to compare and couldnt tell. Is it just the box or a slightly better amp?
IIRC both amp and box differences.....

ps and looking at both would think the amp difference is more in dsp due to the box....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just can’t get behind PSA with their high-Fs Pro Drivers. Great for Mid-Bass punch, but require gobs of power to perform below that. When I looked at those B&C drivers, they were all in the range of 35-40 Hz for their Free Air Resonance.
And still, without 3rd party testing of any sort, all we have is hearsay when it comes to PSAs performance.
(Yes, I’m being hard on PSA. They should really send a Sub or two out for testing!)

VTF3 vs VTF15 is same Driver and Amp in different boxes which are tuned differently. I am pretty certain that Shady has said they do not incorporate DSP. (Likely why they are on the more budget friendly side.)

I think I would buy two Hsus over one Rythmik today if I were shopping and limited. I did buy two X-13s over two Rythmiks (or Hsus) just two years ago. (I have no regrets!) :p

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I just can’t get behind PSA with their high-Fs Pro Drivers. Great for Mid-Bass punch, but require gobs of power to perform below that. When I looked at those B&C drivers, they were all in the range of 35-40 Hz for their Free Air Resonance.
And still, without 3rd party testing of any sort, all we have is hearsay when it comes to PSAs performance.
(Yes, I’m being hard on PSA. They should really send a Sub or two out for testing!)
Are you saying Tom V is fibbing on PSA's performance?

18ds115 000 etc 01.png

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
VTF3 vs VTF15 is same Driver and Amp in different boxes which are tuned differently. I am pretty certain that Shady has said they do not incorporate DSP. (Likely why they are on the more budget friendly side.)
The lack of DSP isn't what keep the Hsu's on the budget friendly side. That is simply a design decision. What keeps them on the budget-friendly side is they use a lot of the same driver and similar amp, so they are leveraging large order discounts for certain components.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Are you saying Tom V is fibbing on PSA's performance?
I didn't say that. I said I want to see complete testing done, and preferably by a third party.
Pro Drivers are not without their limitations, just like everything else in the speaker business. He is making a tradeoff somewhere in his design.
And much like Rythmik, a lot of claims get made about almost magical performance. At least with Rythmik, we have some older DataBass testing by Ricci to look at (though it would be nice to see a newer test there, too!).

:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis