Oh yeah RSL speakers! and condo/townhouse living kinda stinks

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well I finally am Def Tech speaker free for the first time in 20 years and am full RSL speakers minus the sub which will come down the line. My 2 RSL CG23's arrived in perfect condition Friday and immediately moved the CG3's to surrounds and 3 CG23's for LCR. They are quite incredible speakers and at this price a complete and total steal. I ran Audyssey yesterday and that balanced everything out and fixed issues in the room. They quite dynamic speakers, its a very dynamic system. How they do what they do at this price is pretty awesome. The last thing I will add are 2 10s subs but that will be a bit down the line, 6 months or so. Those will replace 1 SVS PB1000.
Now the other part of this is condo/townhouse living with a home theater really sucks. We live in a townhouse with another townhouse to one side and condos on the other. I have never once heard anything from my neighbors and have never received a complaint, yet, knock on wood. But I'm constantly worried about annoying neighbors so I'm constantly up and down with the volume. I can never just set it and forget it. The sub is not up real high, in fact its kinda low which hurts the experience obviously. I was just at -20, and then a "loud" scene I dropped it to -25 which again sucks. Its like having a really nice sports car but only driving at pace car speed.
My buddy lives in a townhouse also, different complex, different town and he has a PSA system with giant PSA subs and bass shakers that shake the entire room and he gets away with it. He, as far as I know doesn't even take the neighbors into consideration.
Luckily we will be buying a house next August when our lease it up, renting at the moment.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
The last thing I will add are 2 10s subs but that will be a bit down the line, 6 months or so. Those will replace 1 SVS PB1000.
And once you get those subs up and running I'd be willing to bet it will be like experiencing a whole new system again. Be like having new speakers

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
And once you get those subs up and running I'd be willing to bet it will be like experiencing a whole new system again. Be like having new speakers
That is what I hear, dual subs always and the 10s subs are supposed to be as excellent as the speakers. They are sold out for a reason. They are literally selling them faster than they can build them.
I'm just so impressed with the RSL CG3 series that even though you can get bigger better subs I'm sticking with RSL.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That’s great Het. I like those guys at rsl and I like to see them get some support. Been thinking of upgrading my bedroom 5.1 to a 5.1.2 or at least 5.1 RSL system.
Congratulations too. Like maz said, those new subs will elevate those already great speaker. They’ll be new all over again lol. Be glad for you when you can get into a house. OTOH, if the neighbors don’t care, you shouldn’t either. Lol. But I get it...

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I am more and more impressed by these speakers on a daily basis. How do they make speakers with 4 inch drivers sound so big? They sound as big and powerful at my old Def Tech SM65 with two 5 and quarter drivers but with better clarity and dynamics. I am truly stunned by these speakers. Even the "little" CG3s sound big and not small. They seem extremely neutral or at least the most neutral speaker I ever had.
I am truly blown away by these speakers. Just incredible at this price but saying that kinda insults them. Even when I used to heard Gene talk about RSL speakers I didn't think they were quite this good. Boy I wonder what the heck the CG5s sound like?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats H and we need pics!
Unfortunately my Pixel 4 XL camera is freaking dead! I don't know what the issue is but I'm tussling with Google to either get it fixed or replaced. Camera app won't load and goes straight to selfie mode. Can't get it to switch to front facing camera.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Unfortunately my Pixel 4 XL camera is freaking dead! I don't know what the issue is but I'm tussling with Google to either get it fixed or replaced. Camera app won't load and goes straight to selfie mode. Can't get it to switch to front facing camera.

No digital camera?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
No digital camera?
No, just my phone camera which at the moment it kaput.
Man these RSL speakers are nuts. Enjoying the hell out of them. Maybe I just don't have real audiophile ears but these sounds absolutely fantastic.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well yesterday was a stellar day of home theater use. My wife and son went to a late Thanksgiving dinner against my plea not to with what the hell is going on in the world but anyway I had the house to myself the entire day.
I luckily just had the 4k Blu Rays of Cloverfield and Pacific Rim delivered. I first watched Cloverfield which surprisingly was a noticeable upgrade in picture quality over the regular Blu Ray but the sound through the RSL speakers was just stellar. I mean absolute amazing. Those little 4 inch drivers pump out sound like nobody's business. Everything from CG3 surrounds was just incredible.
I then watched Pacific Rim and again amazing. Everyone flying around, all the crazy effects and sound whipping around the room was just a pleasure to watch.
I for some reason wanted to watch this, what turned out to be a not so good movie on Netflix, the 2nd with Ryan Phillepe. It looked good but was just an okay B movie really. Not a Netflix original.
I then capped it off with Deepwater horizon 4k blu ray and holy cow the explosions. The crazy bass, everything going haywire. It sounded so good. What a great movie by the way.
It is not like me to watch movies right in a row like that and keep my attention but I did and loved every minute with my RSL speakers. Dual Speedwoofers I am coming for ya in a few months to put this whole thing over the top!

F

felipe

Audioholic
Hey Het! Congrats on your RSL system! I also had 3 RSL CG23 fronts and CG3 rears for some time...along with dual SVS SB1000s. I agree with you...the CG3 series really are amazing...especially for the size and price. The review done here on them is what steered me towards RSL. You had stated how you wondered how the CG5 series would sound? Well, take the sound signature of the 3 series...and kick it up a couple of notches while adding more neutrality and lower bass extension :). You can cross these over easily at 80hz....or even 60hz if need be IMO ;). RSL is having what they call a “blemish” sale...significant discount while supplies last...thats how i got mine...for not much for then what i paid for my CG3 series! If you can swing it, get them! The review on them here is pretty much spot on...read or watch it.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Het! Congrats on your RSL system! I also had 3 RSL CG23 fronts and CG3 rears for some time...along with dual SVS SB1000s. I agree with you...the CG3 series really are amazing...especially for the size and price. The review done here on them is what steered me towards RSL. You had stated how you wondered how the CG5 series would sound? Well, take the sound signature of the 3 series...and kick it up a couple of notches while adding more neutrality and lower bass extension :). You can cross these over easily at 80hz....or even 60hz if need be IMO ;). RSL is having what they call a “blemish” sale...significant discount while supplies last...thats how i got mine...for not much for then what i paid for my CG3 series! If you can swing it, get them! The review on them here is pretty much spot on...read or watch it.
Oh wow excellent. You basically went in the direction that I was curious about. I just put together my CG3 system together so I'm gonna hang tight for a while. That blemish sale is very tempting though, very. My next purchase from RSL is dual Speedwoofers. I have 140 saved up so far. I may just say screw it and order without having saved up so the cash. I have OT coming in, a few other checks coming from work too. I want dual Speedwoofer 10Sb subs bad though. I think that will round out the whole thing perfectly.
Thank you for the post. RSL is the best kept secret in HT I think. I mean you hear about them here and there and recommended but to the extent I would think based on on awesome mine sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis