Light Em Up Your Background Theater Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Your setup looks to be like mine except I use bookshelfs.

A

armed

Audioholic Intern
you can actually by one from IKEA for less that 20 dollars for the whole set up..

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Did you get them JG? I rarely use mine. Lamp is is still there though.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Agree, the color changing ones are pretty sweet... These are what I use for around the walls and riser in my room. They're pretty sweet, although a little too bright too keep on while watching anything... I wish they had a lower brightness setting. Work well for getting into the room without having the fluorescent lights on though, then I just use the remote to turn them off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0W30UU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I need some for my PJ screen. Where is your pic Soccerkid830? :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Agree, the color changing ones are pretty sweet... These are what I use for around the walls and riser in my room. They're pretty sweet, although a little too bright too keep on while watching anything... I wish they had a lower brightness setting. Work well for getting into the room without having the fluorescent lights on though, then I just use the remote to turn them off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0W30UU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What are the two buttons in the upper left of the remote if they don't increase / decrease brightness?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's like the one I have and it does have a brightness setting, but it only applies to certain modes, like a solid color. When in some of the cycle modes, you can't control the brightness.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
What are the two buttons in the upper left of the remote if they don't increase / decrease brightness?
They do adjust the brightness; they just don't go as low as I'd prefer. I had some solid white ones that I used and they got dim enough that you could barely tell they were on. I ripped them out when I made some changes to the room and put in some of those colored ones I linked to. I liked being able to use the other ones and keep them on real low during use of the room. These ones, even at the lowest setting, are too bright to keep on while using the room in my opinion.

I need some for my PJ screen. Where is your pic Soccerkid830? :)
I don't go behind the screen. I have them lining the ground of my room, plus the riser to the couch so you can see the step when the lights are out in the room.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Replaced my TV with a projector and screen. Time to post a couple of updated pics. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis