Polk S35 - Thoughts?

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
Looking to upgrade my center channel, mostly for the purpose of moving it below my TV vs above which I have now. Limited by height, but the Polk S35 will work perfectly.

Would like some feedback on how they sound. For reference I have a Sony 8ohm 100w SS-CN195. Older speaker yeah but it sounds great.

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
Get a center speaker that matches your main L/R
Unfortunately that no longer exists. All the speakers (a set) are over 15 years old. I will be updating all the speakers at some point, just not all at once.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Then I would run a Phantom Center and wait till you upgrade L/C/R

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
Then I would run a Phantom Center and wait till you upgrade L/C/R
Will do. Actually Best Buy has a pretty good deals right now. It looks like I can buy everything I had planned on replacing over time for under $400. That’s the center, two rear bookshelves and two front floor speakers. All Core Series.

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
What are you buying for $400?
Those are what I am looking at. The bookshelves are basically the newer version of what I have now. Same with the center speaker. The center is a little tall but I can make it work. The speaker ohms will match my AVR Sony (STR DN 1080) which is a plus.

Attachments

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
Considering these are normally around $800 total, I’m going to pull the trigger on them since it’s a Black Friday sale. I already have the subs and height (atmos) speakers and those work great.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis