afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sadly and good news at the same time. trading in the Vizio 2019 with a newer 2020 model and not refurbished like the one I bought. I was getting blue on blacks. Hopefully it will work out cause the colors are fantastic. Wish me luck!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly and good news at the same time. trading in the Vizio 2019 with a newer 2020 model and not refurbished like the one I bought. I was getting blue on blacks. Hopefully it will work out cause the colors are fantastic. Wish me luck!
Outside of the Netflix app that stopped working on my Vizio 4k 55" bottom feeder tv it's been good going on 14 months old.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Outside of the Netflix app that stopped working on my Vizio 4k 55" bottom feeder tv it's been good going on 14 months old.
Awesome G! I’m so pissed that I have to exchange it I love the TV until this issue. I’m glad Vizio stepped up at least. Should be here in a week.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome G! I’m so pissed that I have to exchange it I love the TV until this issue. I’m glad Vizio stepped up at least. Should be here in a week.
Vizio sent me a update back in June Netflix app worked for about 10 days than stopped working again. Other than that it's been a really good tv. Only paid 338 plus tax I'll upgrade it next October a 65". I've come to realize with electronics it's a hit or miss thing. So far that Sony X700 my Son sold me has be great no issues, no freezing up with streaming or playing a disc. I went through 5 of um and this one's good, go figure.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Vizio sent me a update back in June Netflix app worked for about 10 days than stopped working again. Other than that it's been a really good tv. Only paid 338 plus tax I'll upgrade it next October a 65". I've come to realize with electronics it's a hit or miss thing. So far that Sony X700 my Son sold me has be great no issues, no freezing up with streaming or playing a disc. I went through 5 of um and this one's good, go figure.
This is why I use external streamer boxes (Roku, Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV) that way if they just don't get updated, I just use a different one. Avoid the headache.

I think the Netflix app stopped working in my 65" Panasonic plasma 5 years ago or so. It was so slow when I bought it, it was almost unusable.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This is why I use external streamer boxes (Roku, Amazon FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV) that way if they just don't get updated, I just use a different one. Avoid the headache.

I think the Netflix app stopped working in my 65" Panasonic plasma 5 years ago or so. It was so slow when I bought it, it was almost unusable.
Panny weren’t smart TVs ... how did it have the app ? My 42” has no apps

Almost all 75” TVs are cheap now days except 8k models ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Newer models may be at the point where the hardware is powerful enough to have more lasting power, but historically, I have replaced my Roku or Fire (have tried different ones at different times) boxes between 2 and 3 years which has always resulted in an obvious and welcome increase in performance! My TV's on the other hand have recently been replaced after around 8-10 years - not because they had a problem, but because the prices have dropped so quickly over that time it just was too tempting to upscale the screen!

However, I would not want to suffer 8-10 year old streaming hardware (which did not work as well as Roku/Fire to start with)!

My point is that I do not believe the smart part of a smart TV has the same staying power as the TV. Perhaps the TV industry is hoping you will buy a new TV every time the streamer starts to fall short of new hardware. Unfortunately, I don't believe anyone sells a "dumb" TV anymore, so I would suggest simply adding an external streamer whenever you start to get impatient with TV's streamer (for me that has been as soon as I try it).

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
A couple of pics of the newly arrived Vizio M65 G1. No enhancement done only cropping. Happy Christmas!
_20201225_021744.JPG
_20201225_021947.JPG
_20201225_021348.JPG
_20201225_020812.JPG
_20201225_020837.JPG
_20201225_020320.JPG
_20201225_020450.JPG
_20201225_010107.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers