Lord of the Rings & Hobbit Trilogy 4K Atmos Dec 1 2020

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Get in line for your 4K Dolby Atmos BD of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Trilogy in time for Christmas! :D

Both will come with Extended and Theatrical versions.

The Hobbit movies were shot using the 5K Resolution Red Epic Dragon digital camera.

The LOTR movies were shot using 35mm cameras, Remastered in 4K digital.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, without 48fps support by the UHD blu-ray spec, he won't be able to show "The Hobbit" in the way that he filmed it? Oh well. I know it wasn't a hit, but the choice to view it that way would have been nice. He could have shot it in 60 but that would have been more costly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL good thing I don't have 4k displays or I'd probably throw money at this (having the blurays already).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So, without 48fps support by the UHD blu-ray spec, he won't be able to show "The Hobbit" in the way that he filmed it? Oh well. I know it wasn't a hit, but the choice to view it that way would have been nice. He could have shot it in 60 but that would have been more costly.
Gemini Man 4K BluRay was in 60fps. I hated it because the high-frame rate made the video look like a home video or soap opera. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's amazing to me that many people will end up spending like $2K-3K on 4K BDs over a 1 year or 2 year period when they could have spent that $2-3K on higher-end speakers, subs, or AVR. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's amazing to me that many people will end up spending like $2K-3K on 4K BDs over a 1 year or 2 year period when they could have spent that $2-3K on higher-end speakers, subs, or AVR. :D
It'd be even crazier to spend as much as I'd need to on tvs and avrs to "upgrade" to 4k....let alone buying newer "upgraded" versions of the blurays. Unless something dies before me, I'm good.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I’ll rent it at red box if available. ;) I’m sure by the time I get my 4KTV it will be out. I want all the 3D versions of the 2nd trilogy. Got only one, so looking for the other two used and cheap. Rahaha

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Gemini Man 4K BluRay was in 60fps. I hated it because the high-frame rate made the video look like a home video or soap opera. :D
The 60fps was the least of the movie's problems. I think it looks great at times. You can't fake it at high frame rates. Lots of natural light and practical effects are needed. It would have been interesting to see it in 4K 3D at 120fps as it was intended but only about a dozen outfits could show it that way. I went to see "The Hobbit" in 3D at 48fps. I nearly left the theater. My brain couldn't deal with it. However, it did make the CGI characters look real while at the same time making every set and lighting setup look cheap. I'll keep the versions I have now.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Get in line for your 4K Dolby Atmos BD of Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Trilogy in time for Christmas! :D

Both will come with Extended and Theatrical versions.

The Hobbit movies were shot using the 5K Resolution Red Epic Dragon digital camera.

The LOTR movies were shot using 35mm cameras, Remastered in 4K digital.
Got both the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit Steelbook editions coming 12/01/20!!! Can't flipping wait!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Also arriving 12/01/20 is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on 4k.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis