Looking for help covering a window(for home theater)

A

Akoustic

Enthusiast
Putting a Projector screen over a window but there is about 3 inches or so on one side that will be exposed due to centering and size of screen. Original thought was to maybe build two 24x48 acoustic panels and place them on both sides of the screen for decor purposes only.
1. Any other ideas?
2. Is there a good DIY video on building easy panel on here?

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Putting a Projector screen over a window but there is about 3 inches or so on one side that will be exposed due to centering and size of screen. Original thought was to maybe build two 24x48 acoustic panels and place them on both sides of the screen for decor purposes only.
1. Any other ideas?
2. Is there a good DIY video on building easy panel on here?

in a million years you could not pay me enough to block a window for a screen

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You can make blackout curtains any length you want so I'm a little confused

A

Akoustic

Enthusiast
the screen does not fit over the window.... I do not want to see the curtains at all. The screen is too small

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
OP, you are leaving a lot to our imagination...
Is it the width of the screen and seeing a bit of curtain on the side you are concerned about?
Is this a permanent screen? Retractable?

Details, man! For the love of all that's holey, give us some details! Maybe even a photo. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So it's an aesthetic thing.

Screen fixed or retractable? (I know, you haven't had time to answer... ;)

A

Akoustic

Enthusiast
OP, you are leaving a lot to our imagination...
Is it the width of the screen and seeing a bit of curtain on the side you are concerned about?
Is this a permanent screen? Retractable?

Details, man! For the love of all that's holey, give us some details! Maybe even a photo. ;)
width of the screen and seeing a bit of curtain on the side you are concerned about?... Yes. and yes, Permanent screen.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I would just consider boarding over the window then... doesn't have to be permanent, but paint it to match the walls.... hang a tapestry... be creative and have some fun.

As for the acoustic paneling... you could, but keep in mind that this will affect your sound in someway, and perhaps not for the better.
If you want to pursue, you should get a U-Mik and REW and start doing room measurements. This is the only way to know what such a modification may do.

A

Akoustic

Enthusiast
Right- Screen is the obvious choice.... but Im on a budget and have already purchased one a while back. Location was different at the time so it didnt matter. You guys are full of wit though :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So long as everybody has had their first cup of coffee, otherwise, it is on!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis