problem playing DVD video on UB9000

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I've never had any problem with the UB9000 playing any movies. However, just tried to play Gravity, which is DVD video with Dolby. There is NO sound whatsoever! The display on the X8500H says it is receiving "PCM zero"
What is the likely problem?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Umm, tv isn't on "Mute" just saying but i'm sure you've already checked that. If not maybe do a soft reset on your 9000 and one on your player?

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
I figured it out. Wouldn't play sound on any disk. Not muted.
turned off ub9000, unplugged it, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Now working OK.
Never had problem playing discs of any kind previously, but occasionally have had it just lock up while on Netflix, amazon or youtube. Wouldn't respond to remote or any buttons on the machine. Each time fixed by unplugging. Has this ever been reported as problem with the UB9000 to your knowledge?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I figured it out. Wouldn't play sound on any disk. Not muted.
turned off ub9000, unplugged it, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in. Now working OK.
Never had problem playing discs of any kind previously, but occasionally have had it just lock up while on Netflix, amazon or youtube. Wouldn't respond to remote or any buttons on the machine. Each time fixed by unplugging. Has this ever been reported as problem with the UB9000 to your knowledge?
My Vizio V cheap 4K TV has issues, netflix app stopped work again, Lip-synch with the audio on it I have to go into settings "Audio" switch in the settings from Auto to PCM output to Lip-synch and switch back to auto. But that only happens when I turn everything off. When I kick everything back on than Lip-synch is not right. Plus now on tv after its off say a few hours and if i had it on a over the air channel a few minutes maybe 2,3 minutes of tv on it will switch Automatically to Vizio Smartcast. That started after Vizio sent the last update. Plus my Sony 4K player X700 just crapped out on me wasn't but 18 days old was Streaming Netflix on it and froze up in the middle of a movie Wouldn't respond to the remote wouldn't shut off tray wouldn't open had to unplug it from the Receptacle waited about 10/ 15 seconds plug it back in. Took about 5 minutes before it would Respond to the remote took about 5 minutes before the tray would open to get my music CD out of the tray. Boxed it back up returned it for a refund. But with my cheap Vizio V 4k tv i have had to do many soft and hard resets on it about 4 month into owning it. The Netflix app worked great up till June of this year. Other than the Lip sync issue and Netflix not working in the Vizio smartcast TV has been pretty damn good but the Jury is out.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@Bruce53, I can tell you this about this hobby it's Expensive even by the time you add up everything and sh$t starts crapping out it can put a sour taste in one's mouth. Back in 2011 to 2013 I had a Samsung plasma 51 inch black bars ran across the Screen. Two Onkyo nr818 crapped out on me. One H/K 3600 crapped out on me HDMI issues. Samsung 3D blu-ray player crapped out on me all with in that time frame. Now Vizio acting up 3 Sony X700 and one LG 4K player crapped out. Thing is this time I test the sh$t out of any gear I get now before the return window closes and warranty runs out. I called into Vizio 4 times since June and all 4 times they passed the buck on my internet service. So yeah Vizio CS is a joke the last thing they want is for a warranty return. Told them never mind I'd buy something else if or when it Completely craps out. Oh RBH elite speaker issue but my Son and I replaced the Connectors for every driver on both speakers except at Tweeters. but RBH CS for me anyways wasn't good. Look around here on AH alone issue all over, but than again how many recalls just with All the automotive industry happens. Thing with that people get killed sometimes so with audio/video we just take a hit in the pocket sometimes.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Stuff sometimes need soft resets....it's an amazing time for all sorts of audio/video gear but not bug-free :)

I have a couple Sony players (S6700, S5100) that every once in a while will just freeze, soft reset clears it up. Have no idea what particularly triggers it, either.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Stuff sometimes need soft resets....it's an amazing time for all sorts of audio/video gear but not bug-free :)

I have a couple Sony players (S6700, S5100) that every once in a while will just freeze, soft reset clears it up. Have no idea what particularly triggers it, either.
@lovinthehd, on two of those Sony X700 those would freeze just on disc and I did the unplug thing but they started freezing up more. The last one Froze up on a disc just once than locked up on Streaming. Oh and just with a 4K disc, reg blu-ray disc never would freeze up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had an old Samsung bluray player that would freeze or bizarrely play discs....but think that was likely a laser issue I'd think. The Sonys I've got are generally great with the discs....cd/SACD/dvd as well....if they play, they play. Just once in a while will freeze on apps or a menu and won't turn off even at the unit. Soft reset clears it up and they're fine for months....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis