Martini Absorb sheets for theatre room

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Good evening, i recently had some Acoustic sheeting delivered to my residence. The product is Martini Absorb HD100 with an NRC rating of 1.00, so i installed it to my walls and boy what a difference it made.This has been the missing ingredient for so long. Night and day difference.

Attachments

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice. What paint did you use? I need to pain my room so any help is appreciated.

Also, you say night and day difference, what stands out the most...or doesn't?

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Nice. What paint did you use? I need to pain my room so any help is appreciated.

Also, you say night and day difference, what stands out the most...or doesn't?
The paint i used was Pascol interior Matt black on walls and ceilings.After adding the Martini Absorb and rerunning Audyssey the bass seemed to blend in to the mix way more, than having no absorption. I really felt the sub in the mix and it was way more warmer than before. I played a CD which a friend of mine made and noticed the difference. The vocals were clearer with no lost sound at all.Well that's how it felt. My room is a big room so the absorption made a huge difference to the sound rather than having it bounce of a rectangle room with hard surfaces all round.I put San Andreas movie in the panasonic and noticed that the sub was not overbearing and boomy. Sometimes when viewing a quiet scene you can have a subwoofer track still going through the sub and in a room where you have no absorption, it can have a slight boom in the sub even at low levels, but i got none of that boom.Quiet scenes were quiet and louder scenes were within a realistic volume.The whole room sounded much better and it was really noticeable.After having a dedicated building separate to the house for Home Theatre and music for 12 odd years it was noticeable after installing the panels.As far as the video goes for home theatre, well the darker the better especially helps with a bright projector for that eye candy pop on the screen. My image stands out at the same time i have nothing else to see to distract me from the movie. Hope this helps you.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The paint i used was Pascol interior Matt black on walls and ceilings.After adding the Martini Absorb and rerunning Audyssey the bass seemed to blend in to the mix way more, than having no absorption. I really felt the sub in the mix and it was way more warmer than before. I played a CD which a friend of mine made and noticed the difference. The vocals were clearer with no lost sound at all.Well that's how it felt. My room is a big room so the absorption made a huge difference to the sound rather than having it bounce of a rectangle room with hard surfaces all round.I put San Andreas movie in the panasonic and noticed that the sub was not overbearing and boomy. Sometimes when viewing a quiet scene you can have a subwoofer track still going through the sub and in a room where you have no absorption, it can have a slight boom in the sub even at low levels, but i got none of that boom.Quiet scenes were quiet and louder scenes were within a realistic volume.The whole room sounded much better and it was really noticeable.After having a dedicated building separate to the house for Home Theatre and music for 12 odd years it was noticeable after installing the panels.As far as the video goes for home theatre, well the darker the better especially helps with a bright projector for that eye candy pop on the screen. My image stands out at the same time i have nothing else to see to distract me from the movie. Hope this helps you.
Nice. Thanks for the info.

D

Dverma

Audiophyte
Hi mate , looks very nice .Have u used frames or is it rigid Enough to go on wall straight?

D

Dverma

Audiophyte
I know I'm 2 sheets to the wind after I absorb a few martinis.
So U made 200 mm panels ?
my question was whether 100 mm sheet is rigid enough to go on walls or need frame to support it ?

M

mrf0ster

Audiophyte
Hi mate, I have read a lot about this stuff. How did you go about purchasing?

Cheers Mark.

D

Dverma

Audiophyte
I managed to get 1 sheet of xxhd30 mm . Have to still put it up. Making frame atm

M

mrf0ster

Audiophyte
Yeah Altona here, is that Bowens Laverton North by any chance?

Cheers Mark

D

Dverma

Audiophyte
No .. he can deliver as well for small fee. Let me know if you Need his details

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis