Marantz 7013 - Yamaha 1080 - Arcam AVR390.... any feedback

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Just looking to upgrade my AVR to one of these three....

leaning towards the 7013 as the deal on a brand new one is amazing. But something about a “simple British amp” has me interested. The Yamaha has always been my go to brand ....

with only being it with a 5.1.2 setup — a pair of Klipsche rp8000f, 504c, 402s, and 500sa atmospheric speakers.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Just looking to upgrade my AVR to one of these three....

leaning towards the 7013 as the deal on a brand new one is amazing. But something about a “simple British amp” has me interested. The Yamaha has always been my go to brand ....

with only being it with a 5.1.2 setup — a pair of Klipsche rp8000f, 504c, 402s, and 500sa atmospheric speakers.
Any particular reason? You should be able to get a better deal on the Denon AVR-X4500H that should perform better (based on measurements of similar models) anyway. Or get the 2020 models, apparently Marantz might have improved the HDAMs to the point they may measure as good as Denon's.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are avr are you using now and what is being upgraded particularly?

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Any particular reason? You should be able to get a better deal on the Denon AVR-X4500H that should perform better (based on measurements of similar models) anyway. Or get the 2020 models, apparently Marantz might have improved the HDAMs to the point they may measure as good as Denon's.
staying away from the denon 8k stuff for now mostly due to price and I don’t think the reviews I’ve seen have been worth it.

the price for the 7013 is good imho at $1325 from a local dealer. And I know not for any audio help but I like the marantz look over denon But not anti denon.

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
What are avr are you using now and what is being upgraded particularly?
Oops my bad. A current generation Yamaha 680. Nothing wrong other than some eq issues it seems which from what I’ve read are not present with the 1080 and up.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
staying away from the denon 8k stuff for now mostly due to price and I don’t think the reviews I’ve seen have been worth it.

the price for the 7013 is good imho at $1325 from a local dealer. And I know not for any audio help but I like the marantz look over denon But not anti denon.
Understood, but that's why I suggested the AVR-X4500H, that is a 2018 model just like the 7013, no 8K. Price should be better, but if you like the Marantz look then that's your good reason. The Denon will measure much better but both should have distortions below the threshold of audibility.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
staying away from the denon 8k stuff— I don’t think the reviews I’ve seen have been worth it.
What? You mean seeing the THD of 0.0003% and SINAD of 100dB+ doesn’t make you just want to buy one immediately? :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe wrong phrasing. The Yamaha auto eq seems to remove or rather lesson the bass and sub bass when used.
Could be a variety of reasons for that, altho seems Audyssey XT32 usually gets the vote on sub management over YPAO.

J

johnner1999

Junior Audioholic
Did you purchase a new AVR?
I did yes

but none of the above ha.

bought a new Denon x4500H — not as “prestigious” as the original suggestions. But so far it’s impressed me. And my speakers have never sounded so full

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
I did yes

but none of the above ha.

bought a new Denon x4500H — not as “prestigious” as the original suggestions. But so far it’s impressed me. And my speakers have never sounded so full
Oh nice man, congrats, did you get a good deal?

I was going for the 4400H, but I got a marantz 7013 for cheaper than the 4400H

I was going to say wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday. But it sucks waiting, but since you already had a set up it was doable.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe wrong phrasing. The Yamaha auto eq seems to remove or rather lesson the bass and sub bass when used.
Not when set to Manual, if your using the 3 in settings, Parametric EQ: YPAO:Flat Front or Natural than yes. But if you use Through or Manual you can set as Much bass as you like, but I won't recommend that. Some BassAholics love as much as possible.
But your more than likely will not find Yamaha a1080 new that flagship line isn't to be found sold out Dealers may be able to find one Amazon had 3, a3080 just last week sold all of them two day at $1999.00 almost full list price. But I see you picked up Denon 4400H lil older unit but still a nice unit. Only say little older cause 4700 out now and I believe I saw a 4600 could be wrong though.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis