Surround speakers are not active in atmos playback for marantz 7011

N

NthHome

Audiophyte
Hi guys

I have a marantz 7011 and when I’m playing an atmos movie the rear surround speakers are not active even though they are setup and working. I changed the amp settings to check this and they are working . Not sure what’s going on or what I need to change .

I have a 7.1.4 setup.

Help

See photos below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NthHome

Audiophyte
what other amp are you using?
That’s the problem I’m not! I just worked it out.

I can’t believe this.

I had the cinema professionally setup and bought all the gear only to just find the amp can’t handle 7.1.4 Without another amp for extra two channels

Omg!!!!

Next q, I have an old str-db1070 amp sitting doing nothing . Can I use that for the extra speakers ?

Cheers dan

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi guys

I have a marantz 7011 and when I’m playing an atmos movie the rear surround speakers are not active even though they are setup and working. I changed the amp settings to check this and they are working . Not sure what’s going on or what I need to change .

I have a 7.1.4 setup.

Help

See photos below

I think your problem is that the receiver is only a 9 channel receiver and for 7.1.4 you need an 11 channel receiver. So either you have to have 2 Atmos speakers and not four, or four Atmos speakers and no rear backs. Your other option is to get an 11 channel receiver. That receiver can not do what you want.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

That’s the problem I’m not! I just worked it out.

I can’t believe this.

I had the cinema professionally setup and bought all the gear only to just find the amp can’t handle 7.1.4 Without another amp for extra two channels

Omg!!!!

Next q, I have an old str-db1070 amp sitting doing nothing . Can I use that for the extra speakers ?

Cheers dan

Another amp will not solve it, as the receiver can only process 9 channels and NOT 11. So you need a unit that will process 11 channels and 11 channels of amplification. None of the above can be 9 channel. So no, the extra amp will not do you any good. I gave you your options above.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Another amp will not solve it, as the receiver can only process 9 channels and NOT 11. So you need a unit that will process 11 channels and 11 channels of amplification. None of the above can be 9 channel. So no, the extra amp will not do you any good. I gave you your options above.
According to the specs on the Marantz website, it can process 11 channels.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think your problem is that the receiver is only a 9 channel receiver and for 7.1.4 you need an 11 channel receiver. So either you have to have 2 Atmos speakers and not four, or four Atmos speakers and no rear backs. Your other option is to get an 11 channel receiver. That receiver can not do what you want.
Actually according to Marantz, it will process 7.1.4 WITH an external amp. 5.1.4 without...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, the SR7011 is fully capable of processing 11 channels, but as has been mentioned you need a separate amp with at least 2 channels to power the additional 2 speakers.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Yes, the SR7011 is fully capable of processing 11 channels, but as has been mentioned you need a separate amp with at least 2 channels to power the additional 2 speakers.
It is advertised as a 9.2 channel receiver. However hidden on page 225 of the manual, it can be assigned to be an 11.1 unit on the main zone, but yes, it needs a two channel amp for two of the speakers.

N

NthHome

Audiophyte
Just wanted to thank everyone for their support and responses. I got the Sony amp to power the extra speakers. Thanks so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis